Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Bit of a challenge : Alloy Wheel Center Caps
  • richc
    Free Member

Very OT, but worth ago.

I have some alloy wheels on my car, and I have “lost” one of the center caps which cover up the bolts on the alloy wheel and I am damned if I can find any replacements.

The outside width of the hub which I measured last night is 165mm.

So anyone have any idea where I can track some down

PiknMix
    Free Member

Main dealer 😉

parkesie
    Free Member

Make model of wheel?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    parkesie
    Free Member

Ebay breakers main dealer/ wheel manufacturer. Or silver tape.

dooosuk
    Free Member

Give us a picture of the wheel.

cyclistm
    Free Member

Scrap yard??

benji
    Free Member

Renault or Vauxhall?

parkesie
    Free Member

A car park

richc
    Free Member

Its a replica VW wheel.

And it looks like:

richc
    Free Member

Essentially its a little plastic hub cap with 165mm diameter and I am damned if I can track one down.

woody2000
    dooosuk
    Free Member

So who makes the replica wheel?

richc
    Free Member

too small, I need the entire bit, here is a picture of the wheel with the missing one.

no idea who makes it, as I couldn’t find any markings

woody2000

It’s still not 165mm though surely? That would make the wheel about 20″ or more?

Or is my maths really terrible!

luke
    Free Member

screwdriver and a dark street 😉
    or
    this?

dooosuk
    Free Member

So I think you’ve got an RS8 replica wheel.

Are you sure 165mm…the biggest seems to be 145/146mm?

carlos
    Free Member

Best thing to do imo is remove one of the ones you still have and clean it up, on the back side should be a part number something like – 3b0 601 149. Which if you type into ebay comes up with quite a few that look similar.

That does look like an after-market wheel though as there seems to be a lot of wheel bolt holes, ie suitable for multi fitments. Should be Ok as I’d guess the centres are all the same anyway

Edit – You know they are replicas, coz you said so. Oh and they are Audi A8 replicas

Carl

richc
    Free Member

OK thanks for the help, I will lever off another one and see what I can find.

They are very big which seems to be making life hard.

n1koolkat
    Free Member

Hi, were you able to get the part number? I have exactly the same wheels and the same problem however all four of my centre caps were stolen so i can’t get the correct part number. My wheels are 17″ and none of the caps i’ve found on ebay fit.

officialtob
    Free Member

Hi, were you able to get the part number? I have exactly the same wheels and the same problem however all four of my centre caps were stolen so i can’t get the correct part number. My wheels are 17″ and none of the caps i’ve found on ebay fit.

Sounds like richc has been poaching caps – and maybe collected a few spares at the same time… 😈

johnellison
    Free Member

It’s still not 165mm though surely? That would make the wheel about 20″ or more?

What has the cap diameter go to do with wheel size? Or am I missing something?

CountZero

Or is my maths really terrible!

Terrible. 😉
    165mm is a fraction over 2.5″. You’re thinking of 165cm, which would be 6.5″.

officialtob
    Free Member

You’re thinking of 165cm, which would be 6.5″.

Im confused. Wouldnt 165cm be 5ft 4inches?

n1koolkat
    Free Member

I bought a set of 155cm caps which were the right size on the outer edge but the centre clips to secure the caps were the wrong size.

CountZero

Im confused. Wouldnt 165cm be 5ft 4inches?

Sorry, left out the decimal; 16.5cm = 6.49″, 165cm = 64.96″. That’s what comes of using the computer at work with an unfamiliar keyboard and OS, while making sure it’s not too obvious that I’m slacking off. 😳

n1koolkat
    Free Member

Hi, richc, were you able to get the part number?

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Bit of a challenge : Alloy Wheel Center Caps’ is closed to new replies.