Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Birth control – IUD
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Anyone or their partner have one? I’m keen to know how many people have problems with them. So many scare stories around.

It’s either that or the snip for me, and we are both trying to come around to our respective options. Her hormone systems seems to be quite umm.. finely tuned, so to speak, so I don’t fancy the possible issues of an IUD to be honest

Harry_the_Spider

Be a man. Get yourself snipped!

hammyuk
    Free Member

Snip – simple, out same day

Harry_the_Spider

Out within the hour if you do it under a local.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ten minutes if you do it in the local. 🙂

boblo
    Free Member

‘Tis true, there is no limit to what appears on these pages….

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Snip maybe good for contraception but for some women the mirena coil can have some benefits other than just contraception. It can reduce heavy and painful periods – and stop them altogether for

GP or family planning clinic would be best to advise based on her medical history

Sui
    Free Member

Snip, mines booked in feb… surprising how long the waiting list is..

skink2020

Snip. Two/three days later you get one massive testicle the requires another bit of pokin about.
    Be a man.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Mrs w had one for several years but suffered from bad pains once a month and it lasting 7/10 days. Got rid of it and it was so much better for her. Took the decision to man up and get sheared, it never happened as i was busy at work and a man in a manual labour job and knacks off don’t mix. Still booked in but need to pick a date. For now we wing it….

TiRed

Mirena coil is a superb piece of medical engineering. 20 mcg of levoprogesterone released every day for FIVE years. Trying one for non-contraception reasons. But the contraceptive effects are well established.

As an aside; contraceptive trials of efficacy use an Intent to Treat analysis, so even if you don’t use the condom, you are counted if randomized to that treatment. This accounts for their relatively poor efficacy. That and poor fitting technique.

brakes
    Free Member

there’s some irony in being told to MTFU and get the snip.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

The regular iud can make periods heavier and more uncomfortable, the mirena doesnt. For those it benefits I am sure whether their husband had the snip or not wouldnt affect their choice in having it.

It is used to reduce pain etc quite effectively – womens health is a bit more complicated than whether you guys have been done or not 😀

ton

snip
    I had mine 2 month after the youngest was born….16yrs ago.
    in the local surgary, and the nurse is a family friend…….. 😯

Karinofnine

I had one for years and years, but it was ages ago so undoubtedly overtaken by medical advances.

In case it is relevant/of interest though:

I did not get on with the pill at all.
    I had heavy painful periods irrespective of what contraceptive method I used.
    Partner occasionally complained of being pricked (sorry, no pun intended :)) by it.

As I say, this is so long ago it’s probably way out of date.

tuffty
    Free Member

Yup, time to get the snip.

molgrips
    Free Member

womens health is a bit more complicated than whether you guys have been done or not

I know which is why we are a bit nervous about messing with it!

MoreCashThanDash

Get the snip – she will really appreciate the way you have shown your commitment to her and your relationship by demonstrating that you have no desire to spread your wild oats any more.

(When in fact you are just thinking “Thank the Lord, no more bloody kids!)

zokes
    Free Member

I read that as IED, and came to the conclusion that that could be a very effective permanent sterilisation technique

sparksmcguff

Hardly a bone of contention round these parts – get the snip. You won’t be riding for a week or two after though.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

I know which is why we are a bit nervous about messing with it!

I totally understand that, really is the chat to have with the appropriate doctor though. I was only trying to say that don’t scrap the idea completely if she has other issues other than just not wanting more children.

brakes
    Free Member

why not try the IUD first? if it doesn’t work come off it and have the snip if you must.

scotroutes

Karinofnine – Member
    Partner occasionally complained of being pricked (sorry, no pun intended :)) by it.

I’ve experienced that too. Not very pleasant TBH!!!

jimmy

IUD = magic, according the Mrs(notreally)Jimmy. Had troubles with first one, replaced immediately followed by 4 years of unbridled… well, yeah…

cloudnine
    Free Member

According to the other thread.. just get married

titusrider
    Free Member

Wifey (and me!) are very happy with :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contraceptive_implant

Her sister had IUD issues and pains and horrible insertion 😯

wallop

I’ve had mine for nearly ten years. Standard copper jobby. Absolutely no problems whatsoever.

TooTall
    Free Member

The world is not ready for more mini-Mols. Snip!

zokes
    Free Member

The world is not ready for more mini-Mols.

Just imagine in 17 years time, all those people unable to overtake clogging up the roads!

thegreatape
    Free Member

Get the snip molgrips. I’m already salivating at the prospect of the ‘Molgrips Vasectomy’ thread.

zokes
    Free Member

I hope it goes better than his German hearse’s ECU operations 😯

martymac

i got the snip, many years ago, at my wifes bidding, took less than a year for her to **** off with a millionaire she met on the internet.
    i am now in the situation of being remarried to a much younger wife who wants kids, while i cant afford to pay to get it reversed.
    and, fwiw, i thought the first mrs mac and i were happy.
    go carefully bud.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Birth control – IUD’ is closed to new replies.