Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Birkenhead Park 5 Mile road race
  • surfer
    Free Member

Just a plug for my clubs annual 5 miler. Come along to a competitive but friendly race hosted in the park that inspired New York’s central Park.

Cheap bar after and age group prizes. If you can, come along and support it and although I think its “great” it doesnt have the work “great” in the title so its obviously going to be at least £20 cheaper to enter (£5 affiliated and £7 unaffiliated, £1 extra on the day) and you will be able to park nearby, warm up and run till yer eye balls pop!

Birkenhead Park 5

surfer
    Free Member

Just a quick bump!

ds3000
    Free Member

Thanks, I’d be there if I was in the UK, one of my ‘local’ parks.

surfer
    Free Member

Always nest year ds3000. add it to your calendar!

project
    Free Member

Is it a road race for cyclists, or those who dont cycle but run, doesnt make it very clear, as for cycle races there is usually one in July.

Birkenhead Park is well worth a visit,2 large lakes,some descent arcitrectural features, free parking, safe and well looked after, smooth roads and paths, no vandalism, or graffiti and it was the model that Central park in New York was modeled on, and a nice circular drive to get some miles in on, its also got 2 cricket clubs and a rugby club.

surfer
    Free Member

Tis a running race 😀

Project I challenge you!

project
    Free Member

I will cycle round with you, running is for people to catch a bus, or late for work, no need to chase wild animals or run away from them now.

project
    Free Member

Theres also a series of bike races on Sunday as well in Birkenhead park and hte wirral bikeathon will be running on sunday as well

https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/events/details/84946/Birkenhead-Park-Bike-Factory-Circuit-Races

http://www.wirralbikeathon.com/event.php

so lots of cyclists on the roads and in the closed circuit of the park, well done to the organisers.

loddrik
    Free Member

As someone from the ‘right’ side of the river, I always look in bemusement at people from Birkenhead. They seem to try and be more scouse than scousers, if anyone pertains to the shell suit wearing stereotype of scousers, ironically its people from Birkenhead rather than Liverpool, and the accent, its just ridiculous…

stever
    Free Member

Good luck with the race surfer – good event in nice surrounds. Too embarrassed/busy to drag my lazy carcass around it this year!

camo16
    Free Member

I’d come along, but I don’t run… damn these weak ankles. 🙁

surfer
    Free Member

I am an exile Loddrik originally from Fazacurly. Hopefully we will get the tunnels bricked up to keep you lot out 😉

surfer
    Free Member

Just a reminder that this years Birkenhead Park 5 is on Wednesday the 4th of June. Come along and beat my best of 26:11 on this course. Shouldn’t be too difficult!
    Kids races and a friendly atmosphere, enter on the night.

Entry form and details

smeg
    Free Member

Cheers.

5km and I’d stand a chance of beating 26:11 🙂

What kind of numbers run it ? may pop down on the night. Test the pace for the tunnel 10k a few days after.

surfer
    Free Member

About 120 in the senior race. Come along Smeg you will be very welcome.

Results on this page for 2013

2013 Results

Marin
    Free Member

Don’t forget the bowling greens there is some of them as well.
    Ha ha Loddrik you must live in a different Liverpool. Next time I’m unlucky enough to be working in Norris Green I’ll take you on a tour to see the froth of scouseland.

surfer
    Free Member

Just one bump for the evening crowd

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Birkenhead Park 5 Mile road race’ is closed to new replies.