Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)
  • 'Bird'. Offensive and derogatory… or not?
  • simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Faster Pussycat, Drill! Drill!
    Hammer & Nail Varnish

are the two that stand out. A name other than ‘Mrs Jone’s handywoman’ is memorable – in an age of google it’s something that will work on the side of a van and get someone to search for it.

Katie’s a female furniture restorer – most of the industry is male, yet a lot of the clients are female. Many are fed up with having being patronised in the past so there’s a benefit in making clear your differentiation.

McHamish
    Free Member

Wrench Wench?

mudshark
    Free Member

Tool Hag

chakaping
    Free Member

No More Males.

CountZero

tjagain – Member
    I don’t like the name. I can see the attraction but I would prefer simply her name and a short description of what she does. “Janes repair and maintenance services”

I’m sure she’d be thrilled to have it pointed out to her by a patronising bloke on a biking forum, and bow to your wishes.
    I’m of the opinion that anyone setting up their own business knows their market, and can thus call it whatever they bloody well please.

Cougar

Poster asks for an opinion.

Second poster provides an opinion.

Third poster criticising first poster for providing an opinion.

Forth poster criticises third poster for being critical.

Just another old STW Tuesday.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

CountZero – Member

tjagain – Member
    I don’t like the name. I can see the attraction but I would prefer simply her name and a short description of what she does. “Janes repair and maintenance services”

I’m sure she’d be thrilled to have it pointed out to her by a patronising bloke on a biking forum, and bow to your wishes.
    I’m of the opinion that anyone setting up their own business knows their market, and can thus call it whatever they bloody well please. [/quote]

Well you obviously feel very strongly about this CountZero, and the point you make is without doubt a valid one. However if you actually read the first post on this thread you’ll see that the OP asked :

cheekysprocket – Member

Opinions?

So it’s not entirely surprising that “a patronising bloke on a biking forum” has given his, well, opinion.

EDIT : I hadn’t read Cougar’s post above ^

thestabiliser
    Free Member

No More Males – bravo

FMinine? FMinate?

bearnecessities

Blob the builder.

(Sorry)

Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘'Bird'. Offensive and derogatory… or not?’ is closed to new replies.