Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Bird Id please
  • King-ocelot
    Free Member

Hello,
    I have seen this bird from my studio window a few times> the yellow on it is really bright,the bird splashes around in the water from on my flat roof but is off before i can get a photo so heres a quick photoshop knock up. Theres a yellow dash above the eye that really stands out and the tails as long as the body if not longer. Not a baby robin.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Grey wagtail…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Grey wagtail.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    irelanst
    Free Member

I would say it’s a grey wagtail, but I think the flash over the eye is white?

Markie
    Free Member

I lub you STW!

psling
    Free Member

Grey wagtail. Yellow wagtail is, er, more yellow around the head.

Your sketch? Good work.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Thankyou! it does look like a grey wagtail except the flash above the eye is yellow. the yellow on the body is on the top of the chest and the bottom with white in between.

EDIT: thanks its a grey wagtail, some do seem to have slightly more yellow on the head than others http://greaterkentbirder.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/peregrines-and-wagtails.html, the one ive seen is very yellow.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

I don’t think you’d see a yellow wagtail at this time of year, but greys are quite common and an all year round resident. They can have a lot of yellow plumage…

The behaviour you described is very typical, they love puddles on flat roofs where they pick off worms, grubs etc.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Thanks Shibboleth, nice looking bird all i seem to get round here is wood pidgeons and magpies so its a nice change.

Psling, yeah my doodle. I doodle for a living.

logical
    Free Member

I think its a poodle!

Coyote
    Free Member

Baby robin?

Mister-P
    Free Member

Does it say a lot about me when I assumed you had missed an apostrophe in the thread title and was expecting something a bit more racey?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Bird Id please’ is closed to new replies.