Viewing 13 posts - 121 through 133 (of 133 total)
  • Bird Aether 9A
  • Premier Icon nixie

Are your cranks cinch direct mount? If yes then you can deal with the chainline using a different offset ring. I’m using turbines on my A7 with the older 134mm axle (new turbines come with a 136mm axle). There is plenty of heal clearance. Ring wise I’m using a one up switch trying with their boost offset cinch carrier.

Premier Icon docrobster
    Free Member

Unfortunately not no they are some “ride” cranks that take 104 bcd rings. Got them super cheap last year. Will just have to try I guess…

Premier Icon nixie

Longer chainring bolts and washers then. Though it’ll probably be fine.

Premier Icon docrobster
    Free Member

Ah should’ve said. It’s a triple crank they’ve resold with a single ring so on the inside of the tabs in the old middle ring position. Outside of the tabs won’t work.
    I’ll offer it up and see

Premier Icon rootes1

@bikesandboots

Hiya, just ref proguard. Just check on my Pike with no air and just contacts, but does not with MRP Ribbon.

Mudhugger clears on both.

Premier Icon bikesandboots

Thanks. Will have a play around with different holes for the cable ties, currently I’m on the rearmost and 3rd rearmost ones. I have the v1 but your v2 looks exactly the same shape and hole positioning.

Premier Icon docrobster
    Free Member

So to update on the non boost cranks. Nearly got away with the 30t ring but it was too close for comfort. Added a 1mm spacer for now but going to order some new cranks.
    First ride today and it definitely feels more sprightly than my previous bike which had 20mm more travel both ends, and a degree slacker HA. You really feel the short rear end on berms. Will need to adjust to it a bit. Felt rapid but strava says I was average…

Managed to round the Allen key bolt hole on one of the cable guides during the build as it didn’t want to undo which is annoying. Going to need to get the bolt removers out. Unable to fit the bottle cafe till that is done.

It was a warm one!

Premier Icon DougD

Mine arrived on Friday. Aether 9Al, size large with Deluxe Ultimate and Lyrik Ultimate RC2. Mix of Deore, Sunrace, SLX and XT across the components due to availability but it’s turned out well. Size is absolutely bang on, I’m 6ft and can still fit a 200mm dropper which is great. The team at Bird were fantastic from start to finish, accommodating a number of changes along the way. Definitely makes a change from my rigid Krampus!

Early Bird out at GT on Saturday
    bird gt

bird gt

Premier Icon rootes1

@bikesandboots

Hiya, test i did was on my bike (not the Burgundy one) which is a Mk1 pro guard, will ask my sister to check hers – even on mine the contact is very minimal if an issue for you perhaps couple of spacers under the arch?

Premier Icon scrumfled
    Free Member

Bit of a random one, which framebags are people using? i’d quite like to squeeze something into the front triangle (forward of the shock).

Premier Icon nixie

I have one of these blackburn bags https://www.blackburndesign.com/p/outpost-corner-bike-frame-bag/. Fits in front of the shock on my large Aether 7.

Premier Icon joebristol

I had one of those Blackburn bags – fitted ok on my ML Aeris 145 but won’t fit nicely on a medium Aether. Either way I found it didn’t actually hold very much and I didn’t like the look of it. So I sold it and either use a hip pack or back back. I need them for the water carrying most of the time anyway.

Premier Icon bikesandboots

I had a Wee Cog Cage made for my size M. Usefulness is borderline TBH as it’s so small (expected), and the thick fabric results in some chunky seams on the inside – the area between each side of the shock brace isn’t usable, and there’s not much slack for opening out the opening. It takes a 25g CO2 with head, tubeless repair kit, and medium multi tool – zero space left for even a car key, and won’t work if you have big fingers. It’s well-made, only just enough for a packless ride. TBH for a size M I can’t recommend it at £55 shipped with the 10% STW member discount.

Viewing 13 posts - 121 through 133 (of 133 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.