Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Biodegradable Dog Poo Bags…
  • the-muffin-man

Genuine biodegradeable! With Tie Handles! 🙂

Any recommendations?

The ones I’ve always bought from eBay seem to have gone from ‘biodegradeable’ to ‘made from recycled materials and oyster shells’.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Surely they’d be better designed to spontaneously degrade on a proximity device so they can empty their content on anyone who happens to be passing under a tree?

scruff9252

We buy them by the jumbo box of Amazon own brand specials. Claim to be biodegradable, satisfactorily thick and come in a roll.

By jumbo box – I mean a box that fits and nearly fills a kitchen under-counter drawer.

BoardinBob

Aye the big green line from amazon. no tie handles but they’re big enough not to need them

shermer75
    Free Member

nickjb
    Free Member

We get them from pets at home. Biodegradable with handles and £1 for a big roll.

PrinceJohn

fetch.it are god – strong bags & nice people to deal with

toby1

fetch.it are god

People will look anywhere for a deity these days!

Pieface

I use Earth Rated, they’re quite thick so think their claims are dbious, but they have survived in a pocket running for a few miles with the dog (with poo inside) which is quite important for me.

We bought some recently that had a texture much more like latex, and they had an expiry date of only a few months.

Scented nappy bags FTW.

convert

but they have survived in a pocket running for a few miles with the dog (with poo inside)

And this is why I don’t own a dog! The dog poo handwarmer has never had an appeal for me. Maybe it’s different if it’s your own dog’s poo!

PrinceJohn

More info on poo bags & why biodegradable aren’t that great…

Why Compostable Poo Bags?
    Did you know that some “biodegradable” poo bags take decades to degrade? And even when they do, they degrade into tiny micro-plastics? These micro-plastics are making their way to our oceans and harming our beloved marine life.

Our eco-friendly compostable poo bags are made from cornstarch and starts to degrade within months into natural elements which aren’t harmful to the environment. We’re here so that you don’t have to choose between being a responsible dog owner and helping to reduce plastic pollution.

Join us in our revolution, and let’s work towards a more sustainable future…
    one poop at a time.

Pieface

Regardless of the poo bag, what about how the poo is disposed of itself? If the poo ultimatley ends up in ladfill then does it matter that the bag takes decades to degrade, landfill is effectively dead land. If the poo goes to an incinerator (like it does with us), the poo is probably a bigger problem to the inner workings of the incinerator (allegedly, though I doubt a few poo’s mixed in with 100’s of tonnes of food waste will make any difference).

So essentially a biodegrable poo bag is only of concern to the phantom poo flingers?

And this is why I don’t own a dog! The dog poo handwarmer has never had an appeal for me. Maybe it’s different if it’s your own dog’s poo!

I have an old chalk bag for this very thing.

Pieface

Doesn’t the poo stick to the fleecy lining?

mattyfez

I’ve always wondered… Well, not always but certainly over the last few years…

They might ‘degrade’ faster but do they still not ultimately cause the same issue of micro-plastics in the general environment?

mattyfez

If the poo ultimatley ends up in ladfill then does it matter that the bag takes decades to degrade, landfill is effectively dead land.

I do wonder this.. The poo itself is effectively food waste /biomass, and whilst unpleasant, is more benign than the plastic it’s wrapped in…

Whether that plastic is oldskool or ‘degradable’?

I haven’t a clue on the chemical difference between poo bags, but it seems, at least on the surface, that it’s out of sight /out of mind rather than addressing the issue of plastics in the environment, specifically the notorious micro plastics.

kayak23

Timely topic in a way.

I went to Mallaig yesterday in the ridiculously gorgeous Scottish highlands.

Mallaig with Skye in the distance and our mutt Harold, who only poos in bins

Been there 10 minutes, walked along the coastal carpark and saw a bloke walking two dogs just chuck two poo bags away into the sea and carry on walking along the front.

I swiftly followed, shouted ‘Oi! Are you going to pick that up?’
    He gives me a load of abuse, then says ‘they’re biodegradable!’

I told him they still take years to degrade and they break down and find themselves in marine animals.
    He was just an abusive next Tuesday of a bloke. A local too from what I gathered. I expect he does this every day the P.rick!
    He said ‘what’s you’re effin problem pal?’
    It all ended with lots of go forth and multiplying.

I was so effin angry and it kind of blighted my day big time.

People. So many are utter wastes of oxygen 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

towzer

Nearer Xmas would it be possible for people to use bright, glittery ones with flashing led lights, that way they’ll look just like Xmas decorations when they’re left hanging from the trees.

matt_outandabout

@kayak23 – you have to console yourself with the fact that next time there’s a little worry in his head about throwing it into the sea. Deep down I think even the numpties know what they do is wrong, that’s why they react so viscously.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.