Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Biodegradable BBs – I have no clue
  • Harry_the_Spider

Hi, my lockdown fixation with radio controlled tanks means that I have another one currently being kicked up and down a Hermes warehouse at this very moment. When it arrives I will be in a position to have a scuffle with my other tank.

They are equipped with an IR system, but they also fire BBs which sounds like more fun.

As I don’t want to fill the local woods with plastic pellets I need something that is biodegradable and preferably bright yellow so that I can see them in flight. Bore size is 6mm.

There’s some on eBay, but does anyone have any first hand experience? I assume that I want something with a good dimensional tolerance as taking the tanks apart to remove a blockage would be a faff.

Also, what weight?

Fire away!

thols2

Miniturize a canary?

joshvegas
    Free Member

stab the barrel into a potato before firing

dissonance

My Shimano one seems to be if thats any help?

richmtb

My Shimano one seems to be if thats any help

Was going to suggest anything with Race Face written on it but turns out its a different BB

joshvegas
    Free Member

very small melon baller?

matt_outandabout

Take one of the dog turf bags hanging from every other fricking bush.
    Then ‘core’ contents with tank barrel.
    Lie in wait for next irresponsible dog owner. Panzer attack!

p7eaven
    Free Member

Big thumbs up for someone actually GAS about polluting/littering

What kind of damage are you hoping to inflict upon the enemy tank with the BBs?

If zero, then recommend making little ticking noises with your mouth to simulate the BB impact 😉

Can’t help with specific biodegradables, but at least they’ll only be around for a year whereas these dog-poo bags seem to take forever. My usual tree is now full and I see no sign of them dropping.

v7fmp

try an ‘airsoft’ shop for them, rather than ebay.

this place claims they degrade after a couple of months….

https://urbanairsoftuk.com/product-category/ammos-bbs/bbs-bio/

Hopefully they aren’t harmful to wildlife if ingested.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Can you ball potato that small? I’m thinking small potato balls dyed with food colouring or something.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Orange Tic Tacs?

joshvegas
    Free Member

Green TacTics

Olly
    Free Member

ive never played airsoft but seen a bit on youtube. I do wonder how the matches are not wading up to their ankles in yellow spherical litter, hopefully most people do use biodegradeable paper/wood/mulch based bbs.

slowol

Might sound daft but mild steel is inert and ‘degradeable’, it rusts back to iron oxide in the ground like it was originally so will cause no lasting damage if you don’t find them all when clearing up your mini war zone.
    Vegetable oil will stop them rusting in your toolbox before use.
    Stainless steel is not degradable and fairly toxic with all that chrome in it.

alexpalacefan

Why has no one asked for pics of a radio-controlled tank that shoots BBs ?

Me please

APF

parkesie
    Free Member

Steel bbs and big magnet

gauss1777
    Free Member

Rabbit droppings? You could sieve them to ensure they’re the correct size.

Harry_the_Spider

Why has no one asked for pics of a radio-controlled tank that shoots BBs ?

Me please

APF

My Tiger 1.

The cutting mat that it is sat on is A3 to give an idea of size.

fossy

OMG, that makes me and my mate’s action man stuff look rubbish – we used to take the kit to each other’s houses, and then over the fence at my mates house round the fields with our Tanks..

Harry_the_Spider

It’s a great bit of kit. Got sound and smoke too!

CountZero

OMG! I’d love a Firefly to that scale, the fun I could have using it on the neighbourhood cats when they come into my garden to shit on my lawn! 😈

Northwind

Loads of bio BBs available via airsoft places. Not sure how biodegradable they really are- a lot of biodegradable/compostable products are basically trading on the “in the right circumstances” thing which can mean that in nature they’re very very slow to degrade. But it’s definitely a thing that people put money into.

PS, I was avoiding the RC thread so I wouldn’t buy a tank, so **** you! The tankometer just went up another notch. I want a Panzer III.

alexpalacefan

Need a “like” button!
    Nice one Harry, thanks.

APF

Harry_the_Spider

PS, I was avoiding the RC thread so I wouldn’t buy a tank, so **** you! The tankometer just went up another notch. I want a Panzer III.PS,

Got a T34/85 arriving tomorrow hopefully. Will post pictures. Panther G looks interesting too.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Shouldn’t your parents be sorting this out? 😜

beamers

That tank is ace. I quite like the look of the Challenger 2 though:

Linky

Regarding biodegradable ammo what about some sort of spherical sweets?

I remember having some Britains Space stuff as a kid. One of the models fired BBs which ended up getting lost pretty quickly. The little post office round the corner sold a massive variety of sweets, including mini aniseed balls which worked a treat.

Harry_the_Spider

twinw4ll
    Free Member
    Shouldn’t your parents be sorting this out? 😜

Posted 1 hour ago

Playing out on your push bike later?

mattbee

The biodegradable airsoft bbs tend to be made of compressed corn starch so they aren’t as ‘accurate’ as normal ones as they tend to be a bit unevenly weighted but that’s unlikely to be an issue for an rc tank!
    They should break down over a couple of months when exposed to the moisture in the ground.
    The normal bbs are usually ‘inert’ but they do t degrade. Well, not in Amy sort of sensible timescale.

p7eaven
    Free Member

Playing out on your push bike later?

squirrelking
    Free Member

The biodegradable airsoft bbs tend to be made of compressed corn starch

Did not know that, I just assumed they were “biodegradable” plastic.

Harry_the_Spider

Tank shaped box has arrived!

Roll on 4:30.

i_like_food

First battle definitely needs to be live streamed here.

Ps How do you know who’s ‘won’?

Harry_the_Spider

When you hit the other tank it shudders. Hit it 6 times and it switches off.

Going to post some pictures on the RC thread.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Actually to be fair steel BB’s are bio degradable. THey’ll just rust down over time and turn to dust. Might take a few hundred years but in geological terms that is a tiny fraction of a second.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Biodegradable BBs – I have no clue’ is closed to new replies.