Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Binding discs with new pads on Formula oro's…
  • augustuswindsock

I've just put some new pads into my Oro's, they were a real bugger to get in, had to really push them back with a screwdriver to get the wheel to go on and they're binding quite a bit, never had any prob's previously, am I going to have to let some brake fluid out to get them to work, any ideas or experiences out there?

Chipbutty
    Free Member

Tick, i got same problem

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Its difficult to overfill these, unless you bled them with the pistons pumped out a fair amount. Pumping the lever a few times usually re-sets mine fine.

Take the pads back out and swab the inside of the caliper out with brake fluid (cotton wool buds work great), then cycle the pistons in & out a few times. If they free up them push them right back again, dry and re-fit pads. use something plastic not a screwdriver. I get better leverage using an old tyre lever. You won't damage the pistons then.

If they stick instead of pumping out evenly when you gently squeeze the lever, you probably need to change the piston seals.

FuzzyWuzzy

I've seen a few people post they've needed to bleed Oro's after changing pads, did my rears yesterday and thankfully didn't have to…

Klunk
    Free Member

i've had to let some of the fluid out on a set of rear Oro K18s, just rotated the lever up then undo the lever bleed screw, forced the pistons apart with some makeshift wedges (as not to let them suck air back in) and collected the excess fluid with a cloth. Not had to touch them for the 2 years since.

Chipbutty
    Free Member

Ive just done what you said with the bleed nipple and letting some fluid out while pushing the pistons in. Worked a treat. cheers guys

nickegg
    Free Member

Where are the pads from?

I have read of others who have dicovered their pad material was thicker than the originals.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Binding discs with new pads on Formula oro's…’ is closed to new replies.