Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • BIN RAGE, The ones you put waste in.
  • stumpyjon

I would thought the opposite, plastic bottles unsquashed with the tops on wont compress in the bin wagon and the top is usyally a different plastic so needs separating.

spekkie
    Free Member

Seems to be lots of really angry people out there.

I know some people are just angry but is it also, as mentioned above, the lack of regular service, expense/difficulty of using council tips, general annoyance at rises in council tax etc etc that have made angry people angrier?

funkmasterp

I can’t imagine ever getting angry over a bin. Plenty of other things worthy of a bit of rage. It’s stuff that’s being recycled or thrown away, what’s to get mad about?

sockpuppet

what’s to get mad about?

Maybe not mad, but vexed.

Like when one of your neighbours nicks your bin for whatever reason. Leaving you without for weeks while another is delivered. Worse when it’s your food waste.

That’s what the big numbers are for – defence against neighbours! Nothing to do with those emptying them!

tjagain

My rage – nearest bins to my flat. General waste – 100 m. ( plus stairs to flat) Composting – 600m, packaging, 170m, paper 120m, glass – 600m – all in different places.

Sandwich

Anyhow to the bloke who complained about sawdust getting in his eyes when emptying bins where should we put it?

As a commercial concern you shouldn’t be dumping your waste (the sawdust comes from your business, it’s not your clients’) in the domestic waste stream. There’s big fines for that if you get caught.

bigfoot
    Free Member

unless the customer is paying him to remove the sawdust its there waste so will go in the domestic bin wether he puts it in there or they do.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Er, no, any waste from commercial activity is trade waste.

https://www.gov.uk/managing-your-waste-an-overview

Of course I wouldn’t be splitting hairs if it was a small quantity but surprisingly it is very clear cut on this one.

avdave2

Just put the sawdust in a bag! You really need to ask?

FuzzyWuzzy

Bring back proper recycling bins! I hate recycling day when it’s windy, a stupid amount of neighbour’s loose plastic and cardboard crap accumulates outside my house. Ours are either bags or an open box now 🙁

Having a garage clear out at the minute and dreading having to go through all the 10+ year old paint, varnish, car polish, dot fluid, bike lubes etc. that needs slinging out.

bigfoot
    Free Member

Er, no, any waste from commercial activity is trade waste.

https://www.gov.uk/managing-your-waste-an-overview

Of course I wouldn’t be splitting hairs if it was a small quantity but surprisingly it is very clear cut on this one.

i wasn’t syaing anything about what the rules are, just what is the reality.

if there’s only a few bags of rubbish the customer isn’t going to want to pay to get rid so it gets left for them to bin it(or they’ll ak the tradesman to put it in the bin).

by the rules you need a licence to take the waste away anyway, not many soletraders will have one.

granny_ring

I’m pretty sure channel 5 would make a documentary about this if you approach them.

🙂

oikeith

We have several variants of bins where I live, A heshian style sack for plastic and metal recycling, a green box for cardboard and glass recycling, a caddy for food waste, a black wheelie bin for everything else and I have the full set where I have a green wheelie bin for my garden waste (a bargain at an extra £48 for the year).

Things that annoy me, you’re told to put the bins out the night before, for the recycling bag with plastic in it on a windy night this means it blowing away and/or opening and your rubbish rattling around the road, if really windy then sometimes the box will join it too, both now live under rocks when put out.

Having so many bins across so many households is a real pain in the bum, as the truck parks outside my house to do the entire cul de sac usually mine always go missing, its just very very annoying to walk around looking for them, I have resorted to big numbers written or stuck to show ownership.

nixie

Our office block has its big share of lazy morons. Three massive mixed waste bins emptied once a week. By the end of the day they are emptied they are normally ‘full’ of big cardboard boxes that people are too lazy to flatten. Nice one, not exactly difficult to flatten them is it, just easier to make everyone else’s life difficult.

Kahurangi

If stuff is dusty and will blow away it goes in a bag! Simple! This includes but is not limited to – vacuum cleaner collections, sawdust, plaster dust, BBQ ash, and dandruff!

People will nick your bin when theirs breaks, the lid breaks off, the caddy owa away or get cracked… Especially in our old house, which had one of those service/access roads leading to the back gardens of two adjacent streets. There would be a dozen bins out there permanently, out of the several hundred houses backing on to it.

Cleaning bins yeah a little OTT but if you have to store something on your property (front garden, drive, wherever) and you have to shift it around, you want it to be reasonably clean and not stink out your house when you open the windows? So yeah try to keep the maggots out…

There’s a house round the corner that seems to be the dumping ground of the entitled doggy owners. Dog poo not just in their bin but around it, underneath it, probably smeared on it…. Doesn’t surprise me that you can get wound up by it and take that attitude with you when you’ve moved.

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘BIN RAGE, The ones you put waste in.’ is closed to new replies.