Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Bin collections- 1 or 2 weeks who’s bothered?
  • ebygomm
    Free Member

We get ‘general waste’ and ‘recycle bin’ emptied alternate weeks. It’s more than enough for us, and we often miss a week by not putting the bin out. Even if you miss quite a few weeks, getting in the bin and jumping up and down a bit means you can always squeeze a bit more in 🙂

IanMunro
    Free Member

Rubbish gets collected one week, garden waste / recycling.
    Just 1 in the house, but I could quite happily go to monthly collections and not fill the bins.

dr_death
    Free Member

We get Rubbish every week and recycling once a fortnight. Not sure what you lot are buying but we have more of a problem with our recycling bin being full.

It’s a rare week when the rubbish bin has more than one bag in it, recycling is always full to bursting….

STATO
    Free Member

I think collections should be charged by weight, as someone pointed out why should I subsidise other peoples excessive waste generation?

Becuase im sure youd be pretyt pissed off when you wake up one morning to find your bin full of other people rubbish which youd then be charged for. Or worse, find it all floating around the street or filling the local flytipping spot.

Dibbs
    Free Member

There seen to be a huge amount of difference across the country, they do our waste bin one week and garden waste the other week, kitchen waste and recycling (paper, glass, tins) is taken weekly, it works pretty well but they don’t take card and plastic, so that means a trip to the re-cycling centre.

crazy-legs

Normal rubbish / green waste alternate here but my bin hasn’t been out in about 6 weeks and it’s still only half full.
    I recycle most stuff (the local recycling place is just round the corner, they’ll take everything, even clothes and shoes).

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Two adults and two large children. Rubbish and recycling collected on alternate weeks. Rubbish wheelie bin is deliberately small to encourage recycling- fine if the local council (Wiltshire) would accept for recycling the two largest components of our recyclable rubbish which is cardboard and plastic. I usually have to jump up and down in the wheelie bin to get the rubbish to fit. If it doesn’t I then get a snotty note threatening not to collect the rubbish. If they ever did that I’d dump the lot at the door of the council offices. If they accepted cardboard and plastic for recycling there’d be no problem. Bl00dy local government and its half thought out policies.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Bin collections- 1 or 2 weeks who’s bothered?’ is closed to new replies.