Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 147 total)
  • Billie Eye Lash
  • thegoodbyegirl
    Free Member

I bloody love her, she sounds amazing on proper speakers, her lyrics are brilliant, and I adore the Bond theme its a proper Bassey-esque slow power ballad.

I’m 50 I also like Deadmau5 and Garth Brooks so make of that what you will, I have a very large music collection and pretty much the only things I am not a fan of is Thrash Metal and Jazz.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

So we’ve established Billie Eye Lash is brilliant and sad old gits on the internet whinging and bitching about how they don’t like her music need to get out more. 👍

DezB
    Free Member

If only she would improve her enunciation. 😆

somafunk

^ I suspect age related hearing loss

EDIT : Eh?, what happened to bunnyhops post regarding bond music needs to be clearly sung?, my post makes no sense now, although i suppose that accusation could be slung at any of my posts….shrug….

DezB
    Free Member

Eh?, what happened to bunnyhops post regarding bond

You’ve been hit by the STWforumlinkscrewup glitch. It’s bottom of page 2 and your post appeared on page 3 😀
    It still makes sense but looks like I’m the one with the hearing issue 😆

Kahurangi

The amount of old man rage going on in this thread is pretty awful. No need to wonder why STW has the reputation it does.

I was expecting to not enjoy the Bond theme base do the whinging going on, but that’s brill.

johndoh
    Free Member

The amount of old man rage going on in this thread is pretty awful.

I thought the responses were pretty split between those that like it and those that don’t.

I love it and have been playing more of her stuff all weekend.

Yours

John, aged 52.

DezB
    Free Member

The amount of old man rage going on in this thread is pretty awful.

I must’ve missed that too. Quick grab off page one

pretty unique; breath of fresh air.
    I think she is fantastic
    I’ll take Billie Eilish over Ariane Grande
    My 13 year old likes her
    her live sets were great
    I don’t really have an opinion
    bloody refreshing
    Nothing wrong
    a monster of a tune.

Maybe you should read the thread before old man raging about it 😉

Kahurangi

those that like it and those that don’t

It’s not that folk don’t like it, it’s just how nasty and vitriolic some of it seems. I dunno, maybe I’m reading too much in to the responses or the “banter” being lost on me.

DezB
    Free Member

She was on Breakfast TV this morning wearing some horrific shades. Saying something about online trolls were ruining her life. That’s you that is.

locum76
    Free Member

Sigrid is more popular in our house. She’s similar but Swedish and less sulky. Same good song writing and a positive role model for 6 and 9yo girls. The songs sell themselves it’s not about tits and lips.

Bunnyhop

Oh gosh I didn’t realise I’d come across as some old sad man who was being mean.

I don’t need to get out more thanks. One of the reasons I haven’t responded is because I haven’t had time due to being out and about or working.

I prefer a Bond theme to have clear lyrics that I can hear and make out the words, eg. Lulu or Matt Monroe (who interestingly always sang clearly with an English accent). All this is imo of course.

DezB
    Free Member

Matt Monroe (who interestingly always sang clearly with an English accent)

Sorted, no-one thinks your sad or old (or a man) anymore 😉 😀

Bunnyhop

DezB- I am actually old but not a man (I thank you). :0)

FB-ATB

Matt Monroe (who interestingly always sang clearly with an English accent

Who’d a thought – a guy from Shoreditch singing in an English
    accent.

johndoh
    Free Member

Well she was amazing just now on the Brits and, after my playing her stuff all weekend at home, my two 10 yr olds have been playing her stuff all day and making dance routines up.

She’s certainly had an effect here.

Ohh, and I can hear what she’s singing quite clearly.

kelvin

I prefer a Bond theme to have clear lyrics that I can hear and make out the words, eg. Lulu

The lyrics are clear (and connect emotionally). Check the hearing aid.

Bunnyhop

I’m out of here.

FB-ATB

I think the delivery suits the film’s title and the reported atmosphere of the film. You can’t expect a film called “No Time to Die” to be accompanied by big bold, brassy song like Gollllllddfiiiingerrrrrr.

greenskin
    Free Member

So you’re now arguing over music choice? Maybe some of you should actually take up cycling…

kelvin

I like Matt Monroe… Born free

twinw4ll
    Free Member

This Billie bashing pathetic nonsense has its roots in mysoginistic leanings.
    Billie, Billie, Billie, Billie. 💪🤣

greenskin
    Free Member

Does it? Or do some people just not like the music? I’m pretty sure a few here would say they don’t like my music choices. I’m wouldn’t get all woke about it. Pretty sure some of you **** could argue over fresh air.

StuF

I’d previously put her in the ok category, but I only recently listened to her album on a good set of headphones and realised there is so much more going on than cute pop songs. Reminds me a little of the quirkiness of Bjork and her song ‘I love you’ has parts that reminded me of Jeff Buckley’s version of hallelujah. Big thumbs up from me.

greenskin
    Free Member

I’m not a fan of the music, my tastes are much heavier. However, she seems like an ace role model for young ladies into her stuff. Pretty sure she’s a hit with parents for that reason at the very least.

More power to her and for her Brits win.

kayak23

Her and her brother break down one of her tracks here. Pretty interesting and they’re clearly both talented, young and relevant. I’m 46 so largely irrelevant 😅

Not heard of her before last year’s Glastonbury but I think she’s pretty rad, although I wouldn’t actively listen to a record as such.

Thought the Bond theme as performed on the Brits seemed more appropriate, with all the band and shit.

johnx2
    Free Member

^^^
    Ha! At 4:50 on that video she talks at some length about the accuracy of her diction and why this is essential. (And also fwiw that they don’t use pitch correction/autotune which is unusual these days.) I actually watched the car pool karaoke vid on the previous page which despite my strong antibodies to James Corden is completely charming.

However, my youngest son who knows about these things assures me that she’s much more of an industry insider portrayed. I’d hvae to google to find out why which I ain’t doing, though being brought up in what looks like a recording studio might be a clue. Whatever, it’s not like finding King Krule went to Brit School…

DezB
    Free Member

Who upset Bunnyhop!? 😆

johndoh
    Free Member

Oops yes – I don’t think many people subscribed to the opinion of Bond-based clear enunciation being of particular importance.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

It doesn’t really work for me but **** it, I’m old. What is important is that every theme song she sings means that I don’t have to listen to Adele singing it. Bloody pub singer.

Oh and +1 for Sigrid. I love this:

dazh

All I can say to the knockers is go to one of her gigs, they’re bloody mental, and the kids at those gigs put the crowds of a lot of other ‘harder’ bands to shame. Personally I think she’s bloody brilliant, and my teenage daughters are quite embarrassed by that. The problem now as always is she’s become too big. It was better when she was still relatively unknown, I just hope she can hang on to herself and not get sucked into the celebrity cesspit.

DezB
    Free Member

go to one of her gigs

Must say I’d love to, but no way could I afford what she no doubt charges her young fans for a ticket.

It was better when she was still relatively unknown

Aren’t they all.. aren’t they all.

PrinceJohn

Must say I’d love to, but no way could I afford what she no doubt charges her young fans for a ticket.

Given what viagogo charge, I’m surprised anyone can. Nearly £200!
    But that’s a discussion for another thread.
    Would love to see her play tho.

MrSmith
    Free Member

it’s just well produced pop music, like all those other good pop acts that have record company money thrown at them as they are more likely to produce a decent return than less mainstream acts.

good pop is fine if that’s what you like. i can’t tolerate it myself.
    Watched the Bond performance last night (only because a friend was playing the french horn behind her) and listened to 2 tracks just now to see what the fuss was about. unremarkable was the conclusion but i’m sure a lot of people would think the opposite and baulk at the lambchop album i listened to next and say it was crap ‘dad music’.

swavis

I quite like her, not all of it is to my taste buy hey ho, The Interrupters version of Bad Guy is better too 😉

jate
    Free Member

As well as being a big fan of Billie Eilish, I am also a huge admirer of Sigrid, who is like Billie Eilish a great role model for teenage girls. She’s more pop oriented than Billie but every bit as good live. Indeed, to the presumably collective horror of some contributors to STW, I will confess to having seen her in concert six times over the past couple of years, generally without even the excuse of being accompanied by my daughter (with Manchester 2018 being a particular highlight).

johndoh
    Free Member

it’s just well produced pop music, like all those other good pop acts that have record company money thrown at them as they are more likely to produce a decent return than less mainstream acts.

Yeah, they just pluck randoms off the street don’t they? No talent involved in the individuals getting there in the first place at all is there? Hell, why don’t we all do it?

tenfoot

Given what viagogo charge, I’m surprised anyone can. Nearly £200!
    But that’s a discussion for another

Ours were £282 for three tickets in a reasonably decent position within the O2, bought when the tickets were first released through SEEtickets. A lot of money for sure, but we don’t go to gigs very often, and all three of us really wanted to see her.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Yeah, they just pluck randoms off the street don’t they? No talent involved in the individuals getting there in the first place at all is there? Hell, why don’t we all do it?

did i say that? there’s lots of raw talent out there, a huge percentage goes unnoticed by the mainstream and that usually doesn’t change unless a record company sees an investment opportunity and invests accordingly.

DezB
    Free Member

Ours were £282 for three tickets

thanks for confirming my presumption. Wasn’t really needed.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 147 total)

The topic ‘Billie Eye Lash’ is closed to new replies.