Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 147 total)
  • Billie Eye Lash
  • trailwagger
    Free Member

Is it just me, or is she the most over hyped thing in pop since the last over hyped thing in pop?

Whispery, bedroom produced music by numbers. She cant even think of anything to rhyme with guy, so just repeats guy at the end of every line! Its hardly ground breaking is it.

maccruiskeen

You’re probably not her target audience

wwaswas

Ok boomer.

trailwagger
    Free Member

Ok boomer.

How long have you been waiting for a thread to post that one on?

You’re probably not her target audience

Yeah, I get that, but doesn’t stop my having an opinion on her music

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’m just amazed that this Bond drivel is still going….

davosaurusrex

Agree some of it is formulaic crap but listen to “when the party’s over” on a half decent system (or headphones) and then tell me she hasn’t got any talent.

Caher

Im generation x and think she and her brother are pretty unique; breath of fresh air. Much better than the succession of grime and rap of late.

bubs

Don’t really get the whisper-singing but her live sets were great over the summer and my kids love her “Plants v Zombies” ripoff.

DezB
    Free Member

How long have you been waiting for a thread to post that one on?

Says the man who calls Billie Eilish, Billie “Eye Lash” . Arf.

toby1

She cant even think of anything to rhyme with guy

How was your song writing at 17? Appreciate you may not have had a record deal then, but if you did would you have been at your best or would a few years of experience helped?

I don’t really have an opinion, she makes pop music, I’m not really a pop fan. People in the music industry seem to think she has talent, maybe her best days are yet to come. She doesn’t seem to be a negative influence on people so what harm is she doing repeating a word in a song? Far worse songs have been mass sellers, take Simply Red for example …

darthpunk
    Free Member

take Simply Red for example …

Now that’s music you can burn with fire, jeebus, I had just about forgotten about them and now Ive got bloody “Fairground” (aka, the worst thing to happen since music since Gary Glitters PC world tech support visit) repeating in my head

darthpunk
    Free Member

My vote for an alternative Bond theme

BoardinBob

Pretty much the same whinge my old man had at me when I discovered Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Guns N Roses, Metallica, RATM etc

Old men not “getting” the music the kids are into

the-muffin-man

Now Idles – there’s a load of overrated tosh!

DezB
    Free Member

I like some of her stuff, BUT – don’t you think it’s bloody refreshing to have a singer who’s made it WITHOUT showing young kids the way to success is to cover yourself in fake tan and have your tits and arse hanging out?

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Whispery, bedroom produced music by numbers.

Nothing wrong with bedroom produced music.

Can’t say her stuff does much for me, but then I don’t mainly travel by skateboard.

IHN

Yeah, and kids today, no respect have they?

wwaswas

Says the man who calls Billie Eilish, Billie “Eye Lash” . Arf.

Having made the same connection, I inadvertently called her Billie Eyebrow to my 18 year old daughter.

Que much hilarity and a whole year of her 6th form now using Billie Eyebrow when she’s mentioned.

jate
    Free Member

Not her target demographic here either but I think she is fantastic. Saw her at Leeds Festival and it was one of the highlights of the weekend. And it would be a mistake to dismiss her as “pop” (not that there is anything wrong with pop mind). Her music owes a surprising amount to classic female singers from the 60s. And +1 to DezB’s comments.

johndoh
    Free Member

I always try to steer away from questioning ‘kids’ music as, as stated above, the music we all liked when we were growing up was often derided by our parents (although my mum liked Queen and Iron Maiden \m/ ).

I am going to download all her stuff and listen to it on my commute home tonight.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Pretty much the same whinge my old man had at me when I discovered Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Guns N Roses, Metallica, RATM etc

Yep, congratulations OP you’ve become your parents.

wwaswas

Black Sabbath’s first album was released 50 years ago yesterday – this is the “Parent’s (or even grandparents) music” of our children…

ads678

Over rated you say?

The 1975! **** pointless.

brassneck

Streamed it the other week to see what the fuss was about. Rather good I thought, has its own character .. an ennui that seems to draw on a trail of LDR > Lorde > Billie and her own voice. Production is good too, lots of subtlety on headphones. I’ll grab the earlier stuff sometime.

Eldest was asked ‘what’s Dads music?’ by his drum tutor and he said ‘Basically XTC’ which was fair 😀

DezB
    Free Member

The 1975! **** pointless.

Got to agree there – take a handful of 80s indie, mix with some 00s pop, chuck it through a modern computer production unit and come out with the most bland shite ever. But, as any fool knows, mediocre will always be the most popular.

winston
    Free Member

I’ll take Billie Eilish over Ariane Grande any day of the week.

“Production is good too, lots of subtlety on headphones”.

Thats the thing – when I was young my whole house (street….?) knew what music I was into and AC/DC isn’t very subtle. These days I havn’t a clue what my kids are listening to as the whole idea of music coming out of speakers is totally alien to a 2020 teen.

ballsofcottonwool
    Free Member

She is a star, my kids were watching one of her festival performances on the TV last summer, I’ve rarely seen a performer with such stage presence and control of her audience.

Dave Grohl has compared her to Nirvana. https://www.radiox.co.uk/artists/foo-fighters/dave-grohl-meant-billie-eilish-nirvana-comparison/

P-Jay
    Free Member

New Bond theme is great too.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

New Bond theme is great too.

Really? It sounds like a kid has ripped off Adele’s Skyfall 🤔

lister

My kids are ‘target’ age. They can’t stand her. My wife likes her though.

No point to make here, weird though innit?

DezB
    Free Member

Dave Grohl has compared her to Nirvana

Well, he’s compared her popularity to that of Nirvana:

that she has with her audience is the same thing that was happening with Nirvana in 1991.

Bit like Lennon saying the Beatles were bigger than Jesus was comparing them to Jesus.

And since when has the bleedin James Bond theme been a measure of anyone’s musical worth?

Drac

It’s all just noise.

My 13 year old likes her, my 17 year old thinks she’s rubbish but at 17 she doesn’t have a record deal so can’t possibly comment.

drlex
    Free Member

goslow

I’m old and I like her music. I always think it’s great how she goes to great lengths to cover herself up.

Drac

@drlex I’m not.

IdleJon

It’s all just noise.

Noise that can induce an emotional response when it’s done in certain ways, make people cry, make people happy, make people dance. All while leaving other people cold at the same time.

Just noise, innit.

v8ninety

I like some of her stuff, BUT – don’t you think it’s bloody refreshing to have a singer who’s made it WITHOUT showing young kids the way to success is to cover yourself in fake tan and have your tits and arse hanging out?

I like it when you read a thread and some one says exactly what you’re thinking to sae you the typing.

OP; 10-4, dinosaur 😉

raybanwomble
    Free Member

She’s shit because she doesn’t do enough drugs.

**** kids these days with their straight edge vegan music.

Proper musicians snort lines of coke and throw TVs out of hotel windows.

Drac

Noise that can induce an emotional response when it’s done in certain ways, make people cry, make people happy, make people dance. All while leaving other people cold at the same time.

🤦🏻‍♂️

IdleJon

Drac

Subscriber
    🤦🏻‍♂️

You’re dead inside, Drac. 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 147 total)

The topic ‘Billie Eye Lash’ is closed to new replies.