Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Bill Bailey..(he's on tour, did you know?)
  • z1ppy

Watched his Qualmpeddler show last night in Brum, excellent entertainment. The audience participation had him in bits, very funny all round, I am a fan though…

I almost missed out, so just a minor PSA to say his show is on tour and looking at the updates, not all show are sold out yet.

http://www.billbailey.co.uk/tour/

baby
    Free Member

I was hoping this would be a Mumford style announcement.

Can always hope.

z1ppy

ohhh harsh 😉
    I like him, you might not, that’s what make the world go round.
    Thinking about it, very few comics seem to be able to do a routine without resorting to swearing, for comic effect (it can be funny).

Saw Eddie Izzard earlier in the year, and though he was good, I didn’t laugh half as much as last night.

grum
    Free Member

Thanks. Might try and see him in Bradford.

Lactic
    Free Member

Saw him in Torquay, absolute genius

Tek fur kofe

z1ppy

😀
    …incretinating the population

vondally
    Free Member

saw this show/tour in the Manchester Apollo x 2, do not ask, brilliant genius excellent, one heckler wit made a great joke and Bill Bailey weaved it in for the rest of the night totally unscripted

best british comedian bar none imho

phiiiiil

We wanted to go to the Brum one the other night but alas had family commitments.

I’ve just noticed another one we can get to instead though… hmmm…

How long did the show last?

z1ppy

a little over 2hrs, we went into injury time though, but that did include a 10 minute break. Seemed longer (in a good way). If you go to Symphony hall, I’d recommend trying for the side seats (hmm just checking only circle/upper circle & Grand tier look to have any free) even over the main floor seating, looked to have a better view/space. Having booked late the ‘gods’ (GT) did little for my acrophobia.

MrSparkle

Got tickets for Blackburn for me and the lad.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Saw him 22yrs ago at the Edinburgh Fringe along with Sean Locke and he was ace then, as was Locke. missed all the Scotch dates and so i’ll have to wait.

Glad about Mumford and Sons though so not all bad! Middle Class nobs playing at being the Pogues.

repoman
    Free Member

Saw the show earlier this year, between the audience and him collapsing with laughter we kept the Korean army marching to the MoTD theme tune going for about 20 minutes ;~) Absolutely love the fact that while he could sell out the local arena, he did 2 nights in a theatre instead; I wouldn’t have gone otherwise.

Worth the price of the ticket just to see Horntallica live!

dirtycrewdom
    Free Member

God dammit, there are still tickets for Bristol 🙁

I wish I hadn’t seen that.

z1ppy

all right my lover 😀

dirtycrewdom
    Free Member

👿

colournoise

Saw him Friday night in Nottingham. Third time I’ve seen him live. As ace as ever. Clever, quick, genuinely funny, and more political (both big P and little p) than you think.

Never Eat Shredded Wheat…

Cougar

Got tickets for Blackburn

Likewise. (-:

z1ppy

damn, after last night, I’m not allowed to use acronyms… but the NESW just had me giggling again but not <dead pan> LOL </dead pan>.
    Can’t wait for the dvd release, to enjoy it all again, there so much packed in there… Enjoy!

darkcove

Went to Halifax Victoria earlier in the year, had a fantastic night out. Great to see him in a more intimate environment. The Thatcher song was my highlight:-) amongst many, many more.

joat

Turns out I did know 😉 I too saw him in Nottingham. Very good, no guffawing but after a while you realise your jaw aches from laughing inwardly. I’m also glad it was at a theatre rather than the ice stadium, you might as well buy a DVD if you want to watch someone on a screen and at least you wouldn’t have the annoying half second delay from what’s happening on the stage. I’m getting as grumpy as Mr Bailey.

footflaps

Useless factoid: his mum was a guest at our wedding last month. Not met him myself though.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Does he still open with rock around the clock ?

robbieh
    Free Member

Useless factoid: his mum was a guest at our wedding last month. Not met him myself though.

Is she funny too? ……people still get married?

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Bill Bailey..(he's on tour, did you know?)’ is closed to new replies.