Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Bilateral hip replacement, tips and tricks!?
  • ton

@twinw4ll

bloody fantastic mate.
    get you turbo trainer ready for about 10 days time, but take it easy……… ;o)

shermer75
    Free Member

@GoatKarma I’m mostly just echoing what’s been said already but:
    1) a stairs assessment needs to be done before discharge- no harm in reminding the physio that you are worried about this and would like to know what the plan is (they may be waiting until your wife’s mobility improves)
    2) femoral nails are always obscenely painful, there’s no easy way around that unfortunately
    3) if the ortho has said that it’s ok to weight bear, then it’s ok to weight bear. By this they mean it won’t displace the fracture, what it doesn’t mean is that it will be remotely pain free unfortunately
    4) I wish you and your wife all the best- you have my sympathies, this kind of fracture is no fun at all

jamesoz

1) a stairs assessment needs to be done before discharge- no harm in reminding the physio that you are worried about this and would like to know what the plan is (they may be waiting until your wife’s mobility improves)

As an aside I do think sometimes those that make the decision forget that when discharged, there is no longer an electric bed and Oramorph.

I passed the mobility stairs test and really wanted to be home but, I had been using the bed to get up and down as I’d spun the control round at the foot of my bed, to operate with my toe.
    There was a shortage of pee bottles, so I got good at getting up using the tech at hand.
    I realised pretty quickly when I got home that was a mistake.

duncancallum

The 3 times I’ve been admitted with injury like that to get discharged I’ve had to show I can get in and out of bed with no assistance or the pull up bar and I can use stairs n the toilet.

After my hip replacement all the questions where aimed at some one much older than me at 32…

Congratulations on the replacement!

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Bilateral hip replacement, tips and tricks!?’ is closed to new replies.