Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Bikinis and tool use…
  • coffeeking
    Free Member

Classic (purposeful?) phrasing:
    “Brain scans revealed that when men are shown pictures of scantily clad women, the region of the brain associated with tool use lights up. “

Bikini Women Page

theflatboy
    Free Member

it doesn’t acknowledge that fact that they are being shown pictures of women, rather than encountering actual real people.

they probably see them as objects to assist in the act of “hurting themself”, as opposed to real women with which to have mutually benficial relationships of sensitivity and care.

or something…

caledonia
    Free Member

Can I just ask two questions.

1) Who funds these ‘state the obvious’ studies ?

2) Where do I get my name on the list to sign up ? 😉

coffeeking
    Free Member

theflatboy – fair points there, there is a hefty difference between seeing pictures on a screen and seeing a real person in front of you. 🙂

GavinT
    Free Member

Enlarges Photo.

Reaches for tool.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

“I push, I grasp, I handle,”

Oh yes…

FFS, HTF else do these ‘scientist’s think men will respond, when presented with the concept of sex??

When faced with an image of a physical body, I will naturally think of a physical act. I can’t help it, it’s instinctive. I can’t avoid looking at fit women in bikinis, down the local pool. And yes, I probbly have sexual thoughts. And no, I’m not thinking of their minds!

I doubt I’m any different to any other heterosexual bloke. If I’m reading something, or having a conversation, then I will consider the person’s intellect and personality. But with no other info, then I’m just going to respond the way I’m programmed.

Evolutionary psychologists have proposed that women tend to look for mates who have wealth and power, so some of Fiske’s colleagues have suggested running a similar test where women are shown pictures of men next to expensive cars or other affluent symbols.

But Fiske doesn’t think such an experiment would work the same way, because women usually react to men they desire by “interpreting their minds, thinking about what they’re interested in, and then trying to please them,” she said.

Surprise surprise, cos of course, Women are so radically different from men, aren’t they?

What a load of bollocks…

coffeeking
    Free Member

Women are so radically different from men, aren’t they?

In my experience – yes, very! Maybe London has a higher percentage of laddettes? 😀

And thats a curious tag, I put lower case “use” but its been changed to USE

RudeBoy
    Free Member

No no, I meant in the way they are programmed sexually. IE, both sexes respond in a similar manner, when presented with the idea of sex. Both become sexually aroused. Kind of fundamental to the reproductive system…

What I was getting at, was how this ‘scientist’ is somehow suggesting that men are just sexist beasts, and that women think about blokes’ minds. Yeah, right!

“interpreting their minds, thinking about what they’re interested in, and then trying to please them,”

They are interested in sex, and will be pleased by women offering them sex! Quite simple, really! How else would you expect them to respond? The species would die out, if things were any different!

stumpy01

I thought this was going to be a link to that “Satisfaction” music video by benny benassi or whatever his name is…….

erm, this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12j9W2TFg6Y (warning – wobbly content)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Bikinis and tool use…’ is closed to new replies.