Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Biking near Huelgoat in Brittany
  • gwaelod
    Free Member

Anyone got any tips and/or links to routes/trailmaps for Brittany. I am going there for a week in July with bikes and family. At the moment I’m struggling a bit with French websites and my rubbish pigeon French isn’t getting me far. I am getting hints that VTT and Randonees and Heulgoat are associated, and the canal from Brest looks suitable for an easy pootle but not much else, if someone knows of sprinkling of red/blue type trails that would be marvellous.

Any help appreciated.

ton

the area around lac or mur de bratagne is what you are looking for graded routes up to black.

southernsteel
    Free Member

I stayed in huelgoat last summer for a few days camping. I wouldn’t say there was much in the immediate proximity but there are definately places nearby. There is a valley of rocks or something like that. I’d say it was blue. Saw a few cyclists about. Hope that helps.

ikimbunza
    Free Member

Check out http://www.ffc.fr

Just click on the vtt section and use the maps to find the numbered ‘centres’

Stayed in Binic last year and there is good stuff out there

Chris

ton

we stayin in pontivy, loads of offroad stuff…

MrOvershoot

gwaelod – Member

Anyone got any tips and/or links to routes/trailmaps for Brittany. I am going there for a week in July with bikes and family. At the moment I’m struggling a bit with French websites and my rubbish pigeon French isn’t getting me far. I am getting hints that VTT and Randonees and Heulgoat are associated, and the canal from Brest looks suitable for an easy pootle but not much else, if someone knows of sprinkling of red/blue type trails that would be marvellous.
    Any help appreciated.

My mother lives just down the road from Huelgoat and I have found loads of interesting riding round there, from nice scenic routes to arse on the tyre stuff 🙂 the forest just outside Huelgoat has masses of trails, non of them are marked but I just made it up as I went along
    Chap on here Kimm IIRC sent me a good ride a couple of years ago I will see if I can find it and mail it to you.
    In fact I’m off there next week 😀

MrOvershoot

ton – Member

we stayin in pontivy, loads of offroad stuff…

Ton that’s about 70k from Huelgoat and I might be wrong but looking at the IGN mapping there is way more potential to the east of Huelgoat?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Biking near Huelgoat in Brittany’ is closed to new replies.