Biketreks – End of an era tomorrow!

Home Forum Bike Forum Biketreks – End of an era tomorrow!

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Biketreks – End of an era tomorrow!
  • bjj.andy.w

Whenever I’m in the Ambleside area, be it mtbing or walking I always make a point of calling in to have a chat to him. Sound bloke who always went out of his way to help you. Often see him around where I live (Garstang) when he calls into Booths to do his shopping on his way home from work. To commute from where he lives in the Fylde up to Ambleside every day in all weathers takes some dedication. He will be missed and all the best in his new venture, whatever that my be. ๐Ÿ™‚

fubar

Oh pants ! I’d been holding off making some purchases until I visit Ambleside next month and was expecting his usual excellent honest advice (And patience).

Premier Icon Sanny
    Subscriber

After more years than even he can remember, Keith is leaving Biketreks tomorrow for pastures new. For those who know him, Keith is a bit of a legend for his unerring ability to part you with cash through his great chat and eye for style that has done Biketreks proud over the years. He is one of the reasons why I consider Biketreks as my LBS even though it’s in another country! ๐Ÿ˜€

Just wanted to post to say thank you to Keith for keeping me in top notch bike kit and topped up on coffee and cakes over the years. He’ll definitely be missed!

Whoever takes over his job will have bloody bike boots to fill!

Sanny

I’ve never come across anyone else who treated cycle clothing in the same way you’d treat high fashion. He chose the clothing stocked carefully and knew it intimately. You could be certain of good advice and leaving with kit that would fit well and work well which meant we always tried to drop in when we were in the area and rarely left without spending money.

Chapeau!

Any info on what he’s doing next?

Premier Icon Sanny
    Subscriber

Bang on the money, Simon! Keith has an encyclopaedic knowledge of fit and fabric that I’ve really come to appreciate over the years especially when riding in crappy weather and been glad of his advice. His eye for good design is something that few bike shops seem to understand (more’s the pity!)

Sounds like he is moving into working in property sales negotiation which he will no doubt shine at!Kind of glad he doesn’t live too near me otherwise I would no doubt get chatting to him over a coffee and have to explain to my wife how I’d bought a new house! ๐Ÿ˜†

Sanny

reggiegasket

+1 Great bloke and just excellent at what he did. Didn’t know he was leaving. Cheers for everything Keith.

Is Andy still the owner, knew him long before biketreks Ambleside opened….

Premier Icon NewRetroTom
    Subscriber

Cheers Keith! Legend – best wishes for whatever you take on next – you’ll be fabulous!

Premier Icon P20
    Subscriber

Never knew his name, but he’s a top bloke. Always very helpful. Good luck with the future

Premier Icon kcal
    Subscriber

Is that, Ambleside just over the border Ambleside?

๐Ÿ˜†

paulevans

Not sure if you’ll get to see this Keith, but thanks for all your top advice over the many years that I’ve known you! I can’t think of many others who would drop goods off at your home on their way home.

All the best Keith from me and the family!

Premier Icon shredder
    Subscriber

All the best Keith shoud you see this, and as above your knowledge will be missed.

Premier Icon Trekster
    Subscriber

Nothing more to add, place won`t be the same ๐Ÿ™„

Awerabest ๐Ÿ˜† frae the one dubbed by AS as the madscotsman……..

Cant remember when we first met but used to ride with AS in the mid90s before Millans shop!!!

Premier Icon wool
    Subscriber

All the best Keith! You are the definition of great customer service.

Premier Icon boxelder
    Subscriber

All the very best Keith. The knack of remembering conversations with people you only meet irregularly is a rare one – always felt a teeny bit special popping upstairs at BT.
    Era ends right enough.

headpotdog

I don’t get to go to Ambleside very often these days, but I remember Keith from the mid 90’s, soon after I became the proud owner of a silver Orange Clockwork. Keith kitted me out with some quality gear to go with it (still got some Pace shorts he sold me) and after I moved to Leeds even provided me with tickets to the store opening of Jigsaw menswear in Leeds. First time I’d ever been to a free bar and I don’t think I’ve ever been that drunk before or since! Cheers Keith ๐Ÿ˜€

The knack of remembering conversations with people you only meet irregularly is a rare one – always felt a teeny bit special popping upstairs at BT.

+1
    Last time I was in I said “I’ve got shorts xxx and they keep falling apart” yes, he replied, they do, so we don’t stock them. Try these…. yup, he was damn right. No matter what sex, shape or size you were he was just honest, genuine and nice company to be in.
    Good luck Keith.

Rob & Sandy

plop_pants

Only met him the once, a couple of months ago, and he was so easy to talk to and have a laugh with. The sort of bloke you’d like to have as a best mate. I went out later that day on the shop ride with Andy and commented on Keith, he just gave me a wistful ‘yes, I know’ look. :0)

nonk

Complete legend won’t be the same without him.
    All the best Keith

GaVgAs

Yep Keith is right up there with some of the best people i have met in cycling,all the best from me Keith, and the north lakes gang..

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

Brilliant bike shop a flagship. Good luck Keith.

Premier Icon joat
    Subscriber

Oh yeah that bar steward. Has a canny knack of liberating your wallet of its contents. Only went in for a nosey, came out a couple of hundred lighter. I might just keep hold of my hard earned next time I visit. Good luck to you in your next venture. I hear the Eskimos might be short of snow. ๐Ÿ˜†

Premier Icon senor j
    Subscriber

Top chap. Best of luck to him. Has the ability to put up with my chronic indecision
    & have a conversation with seรฑorita j about high end fashion at the same time.

Premier Icon solarider
    Subscriber

Best of luck Keith. Top shop, top chap.

Strange mix of great technical knowledge and great high end fashion knowledge.

Always remembered me despite only popping in whilst on holiday twice a year.

Keith = Legend!
    Back in the day I had the pleasure of working with him for 8 years. Every business needs a Keith.
    The property market is about to get a wake up call on how customer service should be done!
    All the best for the future

Premier Icon Digby
    Subscriber

Keith will be sorely missed at Biketreks I’m sure. Loved his recent articles in the magazine – they actually made me laugh out loud! 8)

All the best for the future!

robbieh

Never heard of him or Biketreks…….come to think of it, where’s Ambleside? โ“

All the best for whatever is next, thanks for the good honest, genuine advice on what was good and what was fad.

paulevans

Guess who’s back??

samcamsdad

Has he sold all the property in the preston area already?

bren2709

Guess who’s back??

Not the Real Slim Shady!

Premier Icon rickmeister
    Subscriber

All the best Keith, really appreciated your real world advice and your lovely cups of tea. Also enjoyed your blog…

Have a great time in your next adventure…

Premier Icon Trekster
    Subscriber

paulevans – Member
    Guess who’s back??

Hi Paul….

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Biketreks – End of an era tomorrow!’ is closed to new replies.