Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Biketart issues
  • bluemoon1981
    Free Member

Hi,

I bought a bike from biketart 2 weeks ago and arrived last Friday.
    After getting around to sorting the bike out I noticed the fox push to unlock lever was locking the fork and not the rear shock and vice versa.
    After a bit of investigation it appears the fork has the wrong black cable touting piece on the fork so the cable routes to the left and not the right.
    I’ve tried ringing them but the “closed” so emailed them got a automated reply and no email or phone call back all week.
    Has anyone had issues with these guys?

Cheers

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Nope, had a recent order from them delivered promptly. Not a bike though!

bluemoon1981
    Free Member

Cheers for the reply, it’s just annoying I have a bike and can’t use the fork lockout.
    Plus the saddle was marked the tyres wouldn’t work tubeless so threw a pair of new ones on and went up straight away with a track pump.

ta11pau1

Nothing but good things, both online and in-store (their shop is close to canterbury and there’s a regular shop ride arranged by them).

01227 832582

PJM1974
    Free Member

They’re my LBS, aside from occasional waits when calling in during busy Saturday afternoons I’ve always had excellent service from them.

Bike Tart themselves are located in a very scenic part of Kent, I must get along for a shop ride when the pandemic is over.

sync
    Free Member

Yer Biketart have solid customer service.

Is yours a dual push lock ie scott TwinLoc, are they just the wrong way round?

It’s an easy fix, depends if you are comfortable doing it?

ta11pau1

Bike Tart themselves are located in a very scenic part of Kent, I must get along for a shop ride when the pandemic is over.

Don’t know if you’ve ridden there but covert woods is awesome. Lovely natural rooty/loamy trails.

OP, they’re probably extremely busy and I know they have a vacancy for an online Web person so are probably a man down.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Yes, I have indeed ridden around Covert Woods with the Biketart team, there’s a lot there to ride.

bluemoon1981
    Free Member

Cheers for the feedback it’s a orbea with a fox dual push to unlock remote
    The rear works fine just the fork has the wrong piece on it

zilog6128

Sounds like there’s a few Canters locals here, I’ve ridden Covert a bit on my own (great trails, some of the steepest stuff locally!) but not done a BT shop ride yet despite having said I’d do one soon for years 😂 The KT guys were doing a regular ride there too.

haggis1978

I’ve just exchanged a pair of bike shorts with them. They are taking a while (2.5 weeks) to get sorted but they came through.

sirromj

The KT guys were doing a regular ride there too.

They still do. Really need to get my ass out of Thanet and head over.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Biketart issues’ is closed to new replies.