Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Bikester
  • boxxer7
    Free Member

Anyone recently ordered from them?

They had some forks in stock and cranks so placed an order, eventually they were dispatched separately.

cranks seem to be in the country stuck in customs which isn’t an issue, the forks however were returned to sender for some reason and never made it out of Germany, I emailed them a week ago and so far no reply.

anyone experienced similar? I know others that have used them and its arrived in 3 days.

Paid on CC so can always claim it back, id just rather have the forks arrive been as stock is scarce

DickBarton

If stuck in Customs and you are waiting the letter, call Parcelforce and they should be able to sort out the required reference code and price you need to pay, once that is done, you should get the cranks next day.

poah
    Free Member

no issues with recent orders from bikester – didn’t even pay customs stuff either.

DezB
    Free Member

Aren’t they another one that ships from Europe to their UK base, then onto the customer from there? Have ordered from them, takes a few days, but not had an issue.
    I’d contact Bikester to find out what the story is OP

bruneep

Brake pads ordered 27th July still not here. Last track on parcel was 6th August Emailed twice no response from them. Will get onto CC next

maca
    Free Member

They have always been good when I have placed orders.

boxxer7
    Free Member

Yes they are one of the .co.uk sites in Europe, knew that before ordering.

They also sort all the VAT etc out themselves it’s widely advertised on the site so there shouldn’t be a letter with duty etc.

Been over a week now since I emailed with no reply, as mentioned the forks have been returned to them somewhere along the line, I guess due to incorrect paperwork or something along that line.

Just debating about getting the CC card company involved, but as mentioned I’d rather the forks arrived and I could get my build underway.

docrobster
    Free Member

Recently bought a small item from them. Dropper lever. Ordered 15/7/21 delivered 21/7/21. £5 delivery on a £22 part still cheaper than any uk shop.
    I’m quite nervous about buying higher price items from the eu though.

birky
    Free Member

Chainrings, cassette and chain ordered 15th July and delivered on 21st. Came to just over 100 so no postage to pay.

bikesandboots

Been a few months since my last order, they have been good both pre and post-Brexit and IMO always did what they could to sort out issues that weren’t their own fault.

welshfarmer

Ordered a new DT rim and a brake disc lasy night. Rim has been depatched, disk will be sent separately! I had a small order a couple of weeks ago and it all arrived within a couple of days, no fuss, no fees…. what you see is what you pay. Both my orders were under the 150 Euro (£135) mark though so not sure if that effects things at all…

boxxer7
    Free Member

i’ll give them a few more days to reply, hopefully they will get in contact

bruneep

hank you very much for your e-mail.

There are a number of orders that have been affected by a data transfer error. We understand that you would appreciate more information such as a timeline for your order to be delivered or options to cancel the order, however, at this stage, we are unable to ascertain the result. Our operations and IT teams are working on reaching a resolution with DPD. Once they have figured out the issue and resolution, your package will be delivered to you. Of course, if you no longer require the items ordered, you can always contact us once the order has been delivered to request a prepaid return label. In the meantime, thank you for your patience and understanding.

boxxer7
    Free Member

Thanks for that, rather open ended mind!

thanks

bruneep

Yes it says nothing to help current order I think I’ll still contact CC about non delivery if not here next week

euans2
    Free Member

Yes, I got the same “data transfer” message today after I contacted Bikester this morning, I ordered an item on the 5th, got a dispatch notice on the 10th and then nothing until today. DPD tracking was saying that that they hadn’t received the item, then this evening I got a message saying my item will be delivered tomorrow.

tomhoward

Ordered something on Friday that wasn’t in stock anywhere (including with the manufacturer/Brand), not expecting much in the way of speedy delivery, but looks like it’s been dispatched/is prepared for dispatch, if not in the hands of DPD yet. Fingers crossed.

welshfarmer

I ordered my rim on Sunday evening. Due for delivery on Friday

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Ordered forks on 12th, due tomorrow (19th)

Shouldn’t be any duty…
    https://www.bikester.co.uk/brexit-faqs.html

Their prices seem to jump up and down a fair bit. Forks I ordered (zeb’s) were 2-300 quid cheaper than everywhere else though they’ve now jumped back up again.

bruneep

Bikester have processed a refund for my missing brake pads

bubs

Wheelset ordered on the 10th now due for delivery on the 20th according to the tracking … a couple of days delay due to customs etc. I’m not expecting to pay any additional costs. This is the second wheelset I have now ordered from them as I had no issues with the first transaction.

boxxer7
    Free Member

Well one part of my order has arrived, expensive part annoyingly is still in the wind, I’ve tried emailing them again but I haven’t had a reply to the first email yet which was over a week ago.

Order was placed on the 5th of August and returned by the courier on the 11th

jodafett

Order some brake pads on the 6th of August. Turned up today.

tomhoward

Hmm. Package still not in DPD’s possession, according to order tracking…

How long has it taken for everyone else?

jodafett

Hmm. Package still not in DPD’s possession, according to order tracking…

How long has it taken for everyone else?

My item sat waiting to be collected by DPD for over a week. Once they collected it the package arrived fairly quickly.

tomhoward

Ah right, I’ll give it a bit longer then, ta!

boxxer7
    Free Member

one part of my order was sat with dpd for a week before moving.

Forks never arrived, bikester issued a refund eventually.

tomhoward

Well, it’s gone from wherever it was within Bikester for 10days, to my local delivery depot in apparently one swoop, to be delivered tomorrow apparently. Fair enough…

jodafett

Well, it’s gone from wherever it was within Bikester for 10days, to my local delivery depot in apparently one swoop, to be delivered tomorrow apparently. Fair enough…

That was roughly my experience as well!

oceanskipper

I’ve had a few bits from Bikester recently. They take about 10 days. Seem to get to the UK quickly enough and then sit in DPD warehouse clearing customs for a week.

I did order some wheels a while back and they never turned up. Got shipped by UPS and arrived in the UK then eventually returned to sender for incorrect paperwork after about 5 weeks. I got a refund but it took 2 months. They were over the £135 limit for VAT though.

I won’t buy anything from Europe that is over £135 now.

tomhoward

Tbh this (£40) order is the longest I’ve had to wait from dispatch to delivery in a fair while of any value, from anywhere.

Still not managed to escape paying VAT.

oceanskipper

VAT should be paid at source for anything under £135 I think. I haven’t had to pay additional VAT costs on anything I’ve had from Bikester or BikeINN. So far anyway….

tthew

2x DT Swiss rims delivered on the promised date yesterday. Ordered from the .co.uk site but dispatched from Germany. No customs charges or additional VAT to pay. Well happy with that, nice that we appear to still have a reliable European supplier.

boltonjon

Very impressed with Bikester

Ordered some drive train components on the 18th and received on the 26th

Very straight forward and now have a new 12 speed chain & cassette! 🙂

rhyswainwright

I ordered a Stans freehub body from them. It took a rather long time for them to dispatch (1 week) and rather longer (another two weeks) for the thing to arrive with DHL 10-day delivery.

Not massively impressed but can’t really argue with some of the prices. I was also blissfully unaware they were German based when I ordered.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Bikester’ is closed to new replies.