Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Bikesleeves – I don’t get it
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

This keeps coming up in my Facebook

https://bikesleeves.com/products/clean

So you have to faff around getting your muddy bike in it, and then carry your muddy bike rather than just wheeling it?

At the end of the day do you take the bike out and put the muddy sock full of water in your rucksack for riding home?

Looks like they used to be know by the much more trendy and therefore better name of velosock

sirromj

In a recent video by Sam Pilgrim he said they must be used to take bikes on trains in Tokyo.

kittyr
    Free Member

I can see the point for hotel rooms. Such a pita when they won’t let you take perfectly immaculate bikes in.

dmorts

Probably a good idea for road bikes if you in a flat. Can’t see them being much use for a muddy mountain bike though

stumpy01

I think they are quite a good idea.

I used to share a house in Cambridge & the only place to store a bike was in the house; there was no garage or shed.
    The people I was sharing with were happy for me to leave it propped up in the lounge, but I always felt guilty about it because no matter how hard I tried to clean it after a ride, there’d always be a sprinkling of grit & dirt under the bike.
    It also meant I would have to clean it before bringing it into the house & I also worried that someone would end up rubbing their clothes against the drivetrain by accident & get oil stains on them.
    This would have been the perfect solution in that instance.

You can also get similar things that just go over the drivetrain, which seems like quite a good idea if you stuff your bike in the car frequently.

DezB
    Free Member

there’d always be a sprinkling of grit & dirt under the bike

I just have an old bit of carpet to put under the bike.

deserter
    Free Member

I use one as I live in Canada and the time between the last muddy ride of the year and frozen wasteland so too cold to wash my bike is usually about 5 mins of a day, so I get caught out every year and like to put the bikes in the house over winter

steve_b77
    Free Member

I use one when I’m loading multiple bikes into my van, protects the posh one from the not so posh / kids ones. Brilliant bit of kit.

sandwicheater

I want to know why their garage floor is gravel. I don’t get it.

nixie

I’ve got two velosocks. I have to carry the bikes upstairs and they are a good way of keep the crap on the bike and tyres off the walls. Also useful in hotel rooms.

footflaps

Quite expensive for a large bag….

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Bikesleeves – I don’t get it’ is closed to new replies.