Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Bikes you've regretted selling
  • geoffj

Jake 🙁

Very tempted to buy another.

racefaceec90

that's easy,my 2002 cannondale f800.sold it to buy a guitar amp.man do i regret it!!! 😥

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Giant trance and prince albert 🙁

Gooner
    Free Member

my 1984 Marin Palisades Trail – my first proper mtb (if anyone has one i would like to buy it)

and my more recent Gary Fisher Cake 1DLX

not sold anymore bikes as i have kept them!

ojom
    Free Member

my anthem advanced. it had to go though. i hope the guy who bought it off me is as happy with it as i was.

lovely steep head angled gorgeousness.

ojom
    Free Member

my anthem advanced. it had to go though. i hope the guy who bought it off me is as happy with it as i was.

lovely steep head angled gorgeousness.

neil853
    Free Member

unfortunatley there's so many, particually my '00/01 sworks dh bike, my 01 cove stiffee and recently sold an 853 rock lobster which i miss

singlespeedstu

My Malcolm Smith Racing.

Sold it to by an Alpinestars POS.
    🙄

Clink

This – first bike I built – really regret selling it 🙁

It sold to someone on here, then sold on again from what I remember. Would be interested in buying it back!

vinnyeh

most nostalgic for a coule of old ones- rose tinted spectacles etc.
    Fisher CR7, cos it was a riding revelation after the bikes that preceded it, and a Nishiki Alien (the first, white, one) because it was such an eyecatcher at the time.

MoreCashThanDash

My 2005 Blur….*sobs*

franksinatra

I sold a Cannondale F800 (2005) to a bloke called Jude, it went for only £375 on ebay,

I still silently weep for my loss.

Jude, if you are reading I hope you are enjoying it and taking good care. I would buy it back off you tomorrow.

singlespeedstu

a Nishiki Alien (the first, white, one) because it was such an eyecatcher at the time.

That was my dream bike.

sslowpace
    Free Member

Klein rascal with far to much pimp kit on it, Explosif (the one with the ribbed downtube) and Pace Rc200.

The Pace did go towards funding a used Anthem Advanced which is superb (ebay, not yours thebikechain??) and is not going anywhere.

fontmoss
    Free Member

My LeMond buenos aires, steel and carbon dont make em anymore

Bought a ti version a year later but never even built it up, sold it on.

Dark-Side

1991 Salsa ala Carte with jelly bean paint finish and Bontrager forks with iirc a Rockshox RS1 crown. Still to this day miss it.

oldgit
    Free Member

Gary Fisher Sugar, would have been great with some modern kit.

sofaking
    Free Member

original tinbred with rigid ti forks to match

freeform5spot
    Free Member

Marin Bear Valley. Original version. Stunning and bought wholly with my own pocket money. Sold to buy a Trek 8000 which promptly got nicked!

Orange 5 which I pimped to within an inch of its life. Sadly 18" bikes are just too small and the 20" was fugly!

skinnysteel
    Free Member

1996 Cindercone

slowrider
    Free Member

my blur 4x. would have kept it if i could have afforded it as well as my orange 5. i couldnt and think i made the right choice for most of my riding. the 4x was wicked for a blast round hemlock stone though!

stuey
    Free Member

Very emotive things 'mountain bike(rs)'
    Sold my Pastey Howler to buy a Klein Palomino – then that had to go too – now trying to get them both back!

lyons
    Free Member

hmm, ive had loads of bikes… The only 2 i miss are my old DMR trailstar, as it was my first decent bike. ( before that i had a 200 pound giant). I Brought that with my pocket money too. I'd love it back now, i only sold the frame for 80 quid.

And the other bike i kind of miss, is my oldish (2005) gt dhi. Best dh bike ive ridden, and i was really wishing i had it when i was in the alps a few weeks back. But then i swapped it for my current trek fuel, which to be honest i love, and ride alot more than i ever rode the gt…. It will still be sold at some point though i'm sure.

timber

S-Works M4 hardtail – '98? same year as the one Palmer raced – clashed horrendously in red with orange Z1's, sold for a cheap steel kona that snapped 8 months later.

samuri
    Free Member

My pompino. Paid bugger all for it, rode it a million miles with a million smiles, sold it for nothing. Regretted it as soon as the postie collected it.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

my prophet *sob*

Jezwick
    Free Member

Not sure this will work, but I did regret selling my Missile

Dibbs
    Free Member

Don't laugh, but I still regret getting rid of my PRST-4, I'd done over 4000 miles on it but it suited my riding style better than any bike I've ever had.

tankslapper
    Free Member

My chopper sprint: Mine was purple with 'normal' handle bars all else was the real deal…… 😥

Permission for '70s nostalgia trip………sniff…..

Lionheart
    Free Member

My most recent was my Cotic Soul, I am just 'between' them at the moment. Many years ago (35+!) I had a Carlton track frame I used on the road, it was made mid/late 50s, had hand made long point lugs each lug had cuts outs making up the suit of cards, Spades, Clubs, Hearts and Diamonds – soooo wish I had kept it….. 😐
    Wish I had missed a Blur 4x!! Don't think I will miss the Yeti or Orange – great bikes but not enough Soul…

brant
    Free Member

My YZ125 🙁

Mof
    Free Member

Gary Fisher Sugar here too, would have been perfect for the riding I'm doing now…fitted like a designer glove…best bike I ever had by a long shot. Slightly regret several others too….Yeti 575, under used but still nice and looked brilliant. Merlin Malt 1, cheap but great fun…. sold that to buy a ring for a girlfriend…. never again. Scott Racing… long bike, gave me neck ache looking up at the trail, but it was fast… too fast for my abilities.

bikemonkey
    Free Member

geoffj – snap!

I sold my Jake when I changed jobs – I didn't think I'd need it for commuting anymore. I miss it now.

theboatman
    Free Member

was just a blast 😀

andy3877

'Don't laugh, but I still regret getting rid of my PRST-4'

Who's laughing? Still got mine – still love it!!!

nickc

Inbred SS. Sold all three of my bikes at the time and replaced them with just one, a Chameleon. In theory I could SS it for the winter, but I know I won't. Miss that Inbred, it was a nice bike.

trailmonkey

My 1991 Raleigh. Sold in 1993 and didn't touch another bike for 8 years.

What a tool.

enfht
    Free Member

Do shed fires count? My highly prized BMX burnt to death and I didn't sit on another bike for 18 years. I'm still a bit traumatised tbh, and no pics 🙁

alwyn
    Free Member

🙁

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

thanks to thegreenman, I have withdrawn my Coiler from being sold despite it being broadly similar in performance terms to my "new" bike. I dont need the money, love riding it, have had some great experiences on/with it, and I MIGHT not like my new bike as much in which case I'd be a fool to let it go.

When I bought my first bike in ~'93, I always regretted not saving up the extra and buying my dream bike at the time the Kona Cindercone (in green-titanium, Im sure a retro geek will be along in a minute to correct the year!). I still have my first bike (GT Pantera) as a town/hack bike but it holds no place in my heart…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Bikes you've regretted selling’ is closed to new replies.