Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • bikes transported in LEAST suitable vehicles?
  • ourmaninthenorth

Still really miss that car. So much fun. 🙁

rondo101
    Free Member

I’ll regularly have 2 x hardtails on the back of a MX5. Never fails to get a few second glances at trail centres (probably “who’s the bellend with the MX5?”). No pics I’m afraid.
    Least practical cyclist’s car ever. Roll on the summer when it’s due to get chopped in for a boring (but roomy) estate.

s
    Free Member

A a SS event a few years back, a guy had his bike on top of a 911, who cares if its suitable or not, still a great looking car 😉

midlifecrashes

Donkeys years ago Hans Rey did a MTB on the back of a MX/dirt bike for a trip, might have been in MBUK, but I can’t find a pic, so how about this?

scaredypants

Not me but a tandem towed behind a Goldwing

😆 wonder how ell the hub bearings fared

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

No issues at all apparently scaredypants. they do have a donkey wheel with a slick tyre and no cassette but given the low loading the extra speed won’t make a lot of odds – its in the US so no 100 mph stuff anyway.

I have also checked and its legal to do this in the UK

BikeandBaconButty
    Free Member
    timmys

Ah, hadn’t thought of that one, good call…

SidewaysTim

Ooh, I get to post these again…

was
    Free Member

a previous car:

hilton83
    Free Member

When i was 17 i used to gaffa tape my mtb to the side of my yamaha DT 125, with the wheels tied to my rucksack, right hand corners were awkward as the forks would rub the road 😆

hilton83
    Free Member

When i was 17 i used to gaffa tape my mtb to the side of my yamaha DT 125, with the wheels tied to my rucksack, right hand corners were awkward as the forks would rub the road 😆

campfreddie
    Free Member

i used to strap the frame to the parcel-shelf area of my tvr chimaera… great until it rained!

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Slightly off topic but I saw a guy on a bike carrying a pair of (bike) wheels along the C2C yesterday. Good effort.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I’m thinking the car exhaust / bike tyre interface begs the question what asbestos sidewalls for…..?

ourmaninthenorth

Slightly off topic but I saw a guy on a bike carrying a pair of (bike) wheels along the C2C yesterday.

Used to be an old school roadie thing – ride one and only bike to race. Carry race wheels (“sprints”/tubs) off bars.

Another mate drives a Boxster and straps his Sram Red equipped Look road bike to it for trips to Europe.

hofnar
    Free Member

Golf Cabrio three people two bikes thats one sportsbag in the boot and me clinging on to two bikes on the tiny back seat.

Fiat Palio Two people two bikes and two big sports bags all inside the tiny car never thought it would fit.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

I used to have one of those Fiat X1/9 things in the early 90’s – mid engine 2 seater small sports car, and got my specialized xc bike inside there somehow, never thought of taking photos of it but would be interesting to see now.

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘bikes transported in LEAST suitable vehicles?’ is closed to new replies.