Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Bikes stolen in Surrey. Bastards.
  • rhayter

My two bikes were stolen from my workshop last night. Bastards got over a padlocked gate and forced the 5-lever lock. Yeti SB130T (2019, Turquoise, Size L) and a Ritchey Outback (less than 6 months old, green, Size L with Zip 303S wheels) stolen. Pics below. Please keep your eyes open. I want them back!
    Yeti SB130
    Yeti SB130
    https://i.imgur.com/Kry9liE.jpg

Ritchey
    Richey

kayak23

😡😡😡

xcgb
    Free Member

Whereabouts in Surrey, please?

we have had reports of scumbags looking around with torches in Shere and Gomsahll last night

jamj1974

Just arseholes.

rhayter

@xcgb Woking. Not sure the insurance will pay out as, although they were in a locked workshop, behind a padlocked gate, they bikes were not locked to anything inside the building.

My guess is that they followed me home after an early evening ride in my local woods.

desperatebicycle

Ah man, that’s terrible. Hope you get sorted with the insurance, or of course, get them recovered.

tomhoward

they bikes were not locked to anything inside the building.

Do they specify that they must be? Otherwise they won’t pay if your TV in your house was knicked either.

mrhoppy

Do they specify that they must be?

Usually, and there is probably a restriction on the type of lock too, when I had a large metal bike safe room I needed to get written confirmation that it was accepted variation to the terms. A bike is somewhat different to your TV.

kimbers

Get them up on Stolen-bikes.co.uk

I offered a reward & was reunited with mine (the thief tried to swap it for another bike someone was selling on FB marketplace- which was a good way to launder it)

rhayter

Usually, and there is probably a restriction on the type of lock too,

Yeah, this. They were behind a 5-lever mortice lock, and they haven’t definitively said “no”, but if they’re of a mind to be awkward, they have na easy get-out. Keeping fingers crossed.

Get them up on Stolen-bikes.co.uk

Great idea. I’m on it now.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.