Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Bikes stolen in Sheffield: Intense 5.5 and Spesh Enduro
  • infradig
    Free Member

happened at about 10:30pm on Monday, heard some noises in the cellar and went to investigate and door was ajar sans bikes. Police think it was kids that got thru the coal chute door (would take a pretty small flexible youth to get thru) because the cellar door bolts from the inside and all other points of entry were secure.

The Intense was one ride old 🙁

Specs:
    2008 Intense 5.5 EVP medium ano black
    Orbit Xtreme headset
    2009 RS Revelations black poploc
    Thomson 90mm stem
    RaceFace NEXT Carbon bars
    XTR M960 cranks
    XTR M960 dual control shifters/brakes
    XT front mech
    Oury lockon grips
    M959 pedals
    Joplin R seatpost
    WTB Rocket V (YETI)
    Specialized Roval Traversee wheels
    Maxxis Advantage 2.25

2004 Specialized Enduro small black
    RS Revelations silver (blue enduro seals)
    Orbit XL 2 headset
    Lizardskins lockon grips
    FSA stem
    Xlite rise bars
    Truvativ GXP cranks
    XT front mech
    XTR rear mech
    XT dual control shifters/brakes
    Titec Scoper seatpost
    WTB silverado womens saddle
    Rolf Dolomite wheels
    Specialized Enduro 2.2 tyres

keep your eyes peeled please.
    andrew.in.sheffield AT gmail DOT with any info

stonemonkey
    Free Member

sorry bud hope your insured will keep an eye out where about in sheffield

oink1
    Free Member

Sorry, but as I live in the UK bike crime capital of Bristle and no-where near Sheffield – All I can do is commiserate 😥 That sucks nuts mate. 🙁

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    racing_ralph
    Free Member

That is the second time in as many years – poor you mate. I am feeling sick for you!

infradig
    Free Member

have M&S insurance so am well covered, but my premiums next year will likely be painful. thanks for the sympathy.

thepodge
    Free Member

got in through the coal grate, crikey that’s some sneaky stuff.

I keep mine in the cellar but thankfully the grate has been flagged over.

if they have made that much effort then i’m guessing they knew what they were doing and so you are unlikely to see them again but I’ll keep my eyes open for anything.

don’t suppose you happen to be in the Walkley / Hillsborough area do you. some fella had his trek taken from the area. just wondering if its people who are scoping about after seeing people return home

racing_ralph
    Free Member

bump to the top

Free Member

Hi bud,

I’m sorry to hear your bikes were liberated.

I know this could be a little insensitive, but have a look at: http://www.klaxonsignals.com/productDetails.asp?productID=53&categoryID=50 and an alarm. It will scare the bejesus out of anyone who triggers it, and the sound wave will travel, so you will hear it if you aren’t in the property (and this is)

May I also suggest some big chuff off wall/ground anchor (I get a little discount from a lock firm in sheffield if you see anything you want (i live just out of sheffield))

Again, i’m sorry to hear your bikes were taken, the thieving little f*ckers.

I’m more than happy to help with security stuff if I can. those inferno units are about £250 and they need an alarm to trigger them (but not a cheap one as you do not want false alarms)

Jonathan

thepodge
    Free Member

Protects secured area for the few minutes before security or police can attend

Minutes! HAHAHa

infradig
    Free Member

thanks guys. have an alarm system, but usually don’t switch it on unless we are away or in bed. we were in the lounge watching tv at the time with two dogs, can’t believe the nerve to break in while it’s obvious we’re in.

just off psalter lane for what that’s worth.

stonemonkey
    Free Member

no biscuits for those dogs hey. They probably saw you bringing the bikes in the house i always make sure theres nobody in the street when i bring my bike in you can never be to careful. I’ll keep a look out in crookes

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

i’ll keep me eyes open too mate, im on the moor every day so i will get in touch if i see owt

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

my future house will have……….

one of those metal container things for storing bikes in the garden, but installed in the cellar, disguized.

shotgun blanks
    smoke bomb
    paintball claymoors!

Chase
    Free Member

Is this the same frame that was on Ebay a couple of weeks ago? I guess by your usernames it is. Did you give your address out to anybody?
    (I was the one that enquired about the mech hanger BTW)

racing_ralph
    Free Member

that was my thought too

Free Member

You should be able to leave one area armed – i.e. the cellar.

I don’t ‘do’ security stuff per se, but get involved with it by proxy of other work.

Not aimed at you directly, but an alarm should leave vulnerable area’s armed all the time (unless specified not to)

As a guide, have a look at the Honeywell Galaxy panels, this is what I get involved in a bit and they can be programmed quite specifically to leave certain area’s alarmed – and at few hundred quid, much better than anything else i’ve seen (especially as they are, as i understand, specified for fitting into banks) – and you can have a keyprox to disable that area should you need to go in with an auto re-arm after X amount of time, or a keycode… all good stuff.

I hope you don’t mind the slight thread hijack, please accept my sincere apologies if its not appropriate.

Once again, you have my apologies.

jt

RealMan
    Free Member

Alarms? Rubbish. Get a tiger.

Sucks about the bikes, hope the guys who nicked them contract a painful disease and die slowly.

infradig
    Free Member

yeah it was on ebay. ended up selling my Yeti. I never give out my address and never meet people at my house to view anything.

still am not sure if it was local youths who got lucky or a more targeted theft. we were out in the peaks on saturday. it’s hard to disguise where you live returning from a ride.

will be setting the cellar zone alarm on at all times now. coal chute has now been double barred so no human can get thru.

cheers for the sympathies.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Infradig in his back yard 🙂

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Bikes stolen in Sheffield: Intense 5.5 and Spesh Enduro’ is closed to new replies.