• This topic has 17 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by ianv.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Bikes Stolen in Keighley Area
  • svendink
    Free Member

Would appreciate you lot keeping an eye open for my bikes, which I woke to find missing this morning. Have to get train to work now 🙁

1)Black Kinesis Maxlight with rigid forks and 29er front wheel, 1×9 setup – can’t be too many around.
    2)Boardman Team Carbon road bike. Prob lots of them around, but it does have a fizik gobi saddle and mavic ksyrium elite wheels.

I don’t hold much hope, but you never know.
    Also I don’t think the Trimetals bike storage units take much getting in to.

Cheers

geebus
    Free Member

Will keep an eye out.
    Not had a good time in that regards since I moved to Keighley myself – two Boardman FS Comp’s stolen, and a ‘pro-job’ at work which also got my Orange Crush and cyclocross bike stored there.

svendink
    Free Member

Thanks geebus,
    First time it’s happened to me and it’s sickening. Problem is I don’t know where to store them now. Another cycle storage unit will be a target. Maybe something more substantial out of breeze blocks? Any recommendations?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    geebus
    Free Member

Mine weren’t stolen from home – perhaps partly because of the large Akita (soon to be two large Akitas) roaming :).

I presume you can’t store it inside?
    Whatever you do, it’s worth looking at the cheap wireless alarms available. The main unit goes inside and you can put battery powered sensors in an out building etc. Also then used to alert you to the house being broken in to at night. As they have car-style fobs, it’s no hassle to arm and disarm them.

These probably won’t stop a thief, but should alert you, presuming you’re at home at the time.
    Maybe incorporate a ground anchor you can lock the bike to in shed building
    If you want it to be reasonably secure, you’re going to need to make it out of brick/breeze block etc, then add a decent metal gate (might get away with a wooden gate with a metal grille on the front, making sure you’ve got a decent lock locking the gate.

I’m actually soon to be building a bike shelter for my place, but it’ll only house cheap bikes; probably have a ground anchor too and as mentioned, the dog does a decent job of keeping people out (despite the fact she’s fine when I’m there, still see people crossing the street when I’m out walking her!)

chestrockwell

Very bad luck mate.

I’m in Skipton so will keep a look out too.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

I’m down in Shipley and ride around the Glen/Baildon Moor a lot so I’ll keep an eye out too mate.

wilde86
    Free Member

sorry to hear that dude. thieving scum..

GlitterGary – i know thieves are stupid, but doubt they will be riding those bikes off road?!

Im Ilkley area, will keep an eye out.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

You never know mate, there’s a few scallies who hang around the quarry and I wouldn’t put it past them.

wilde86
    Free Member

haha true. hope they fall and land on their head!

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I’m in Bingley, and cycle on the canal to work in Skipton, so will keep ’em peeled. However, I’d put money on them living within a mile, it’s usually the case, which probs means they’ll be back, as you say.

If you haven’t thought already, tell AireValley and give them some photos.

sturmey
    Free Member

I’ll pop in to the second hand market on Thackley old road tomorrow and a few times next week for you.

svendink
    Free Member

Thanks all, really appreciated.
    On the bright side they left my scandal 29er because it didn’t have a front wheel in (the wheel was in the maxlight) and that was the best bike of the lot. B’tards!

chutney13
    Free Member

will definitely keep my eyes peeled.

bobfromkansas
    Free Member

I’ve just seen your bike . Young Asian lad riding past Asda. Sorry couldn’t do more as he was already past me when I twigged an

d I.was carrying my son. Also.the guy had a hood on so didn’t see his face. But the bike is still around keighley. Will keep my eyes open. Btw it was the kinesis. It was about half eleven sat morn. Again, sorry couldn’t do more.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Will keep eye out too, am in the area this weekenand will be pootlibg about.d

sturider

Hi. Stuart from the Bicycle Shop in Skipton. We will keep an eye out for you. If you have some mates then cruz around in your car. Jedi and the guys down south just got back all 4 bikes stolen on Monday just by spreading the word and driving around. Good luck and sorry to hear the bad news.

svendink
    Free Member

Thanks for the call yesterday, BFK. I checked 2nd hand shops again, but no sign. I’ll have a drive around this afternoon and see I can spot it.

ianv
    Free Member

It would be worth looking at the college bike racks tomorrow, maybe asking security to keep their eyes open.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Bikes Stolen in Keighley Area’ is closed to new replies.