Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Bikes on flybe
  • luket

I already knew from experience that their customer service was a bit “special” but this really takes the cake.

Flight booked, there’s no facility to book bike bags online so you have to ring up later to add them on, same as some other airlines. Fine, thinks I.

I thought I might get an engaged line 10 times over an afternoon before getting a ring tone at all. No problem. I got through in the end.

I knew I’d be paying 10p a minute for half an hour on hold til I got through. No worries, I’ll get it sorted and I’ve nothing better to do with my time and money anyway.

And so when I do get through I’m told they can’t guarantee to take a bike on any plane.

It’s first come first served is it? Not exactly, no. We should turn up early to make sure mine’s the first bike, then we have to wait for all the other passengers to check in and if there’s space left my bike gets on.

If there isn’t space? My bike doesn’t get on. And possibly someone might get punched. And then there are all sorts of questions about what does happen to the bike but let’s not go there.

The silver lining I’m telling myself is this procedure is so pathetic that there pretty much has to be space…

Anyone else experienced this nonsense? Any words of wisdom?

youngrob

Yes, exactly as you say. I took my bike on Flybe from Edinburgh to Belfast, fortunately it’s usually quiet with most people just taking hand luggage. When I enquired about the bike booking they told me that my bike would be on standby until there was a flight that it would fit on – could be a few days!. I just took the chance and was lucky, I would have been more concerned on a busier route. Good Luck!

flanagaj
    Free Member

I am going through this pain as I type this reply. Tried twice now and just end up hanging up. These firms are so sh!t you wonder how they stay in business

Why the heck you cannot book it online when you buy your ticket is beyond me

What a friggin joke. Get told bikes are on standby and you may not get it on the plane. Sort of defeats the object getting on the plane to go on a cycling trip if your bike is not on the damn plane

Certainly won’t use them again

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Bikes on flybe’ is closed to new replies.