Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Bikes on bike rack security for a European road trip.
  • wors

Planning on going to Austria next year to see wifes extended family, so im taking bikes! As its a 12 hour drive from Rotterdam there’ll be an overnight stop or 2 make it into a bit of a road trip. Anyone done similar, and is it easy enough to find accommodation that’ll let you secure bikes inside?
    I could fly but would have to hire a car over there anyway due to the location.

nickjb
    Free Member

If you stay on the cheap chains (F1 and the like) then they usually don’t care what you take into the room. Some are motel style with your own front door so you can do what you like. You also see plenty of bikes locked to the back of cars in the car parks so plenty think that is fine, too.

RichT

I’ve had to leave bikes on a rear bike rack overnight before, I’ve taken off the wheels, run a long chain through the towing eye and frames of bikes and reversed right up to a wall so that you can’t access bikes or lift them off the rack.

However, if possible I put them in the car.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Bikes on bike rack security for a European road trip.’ is closed to new replies.