• This topic has 19 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by IHN.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • bikes, insured away from home on house insurance
  • sofaking
    Free Member

been through a few form filling sessions but cant find an insurer that will insure bikes of more than £2000 away from the home
    anyone point me in the right direction ?

thered

M&S do for me, Hiscox will too

crazy-legs

More Than wanted an extra £11/month to insure them away from the house but they cover up to £3000 per bike.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

M&S now only go over £1000 on bikes if you specify and pay extra

GSuperstar
    Free Member

My bike is insured for just over £5000, this covers away from home also if stolen, I’m with Legal And General. (L&G)

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure Aviva, I covered mine away from home to a value of £1500 for an additional £12 or something around that price

tomd
    Free Member

Barclays definitely do £2000+ bikes. I spoke to them last week, they guy was surprised and said they must have just changed their policy as used to be sub £2k. Their cover was very reasonable home and away.

druidh
    Free Member

Green Insurance

sofaking
    Free Member

legal and general’s limit is £3000 GSuperstar according to what I can see so if your bike is over this its not covered at all

GSuperstar
    Free Member

@sofaking

100% insured. Spoke to them on the phone and agreed it, had the documents through withing 5 days with all the information on and £5100 insured.

Origially had insurance for £3700, cost me an extra £27 a year to up it to the new amount.

Might be worth you calling them?

organdonor
    Free Member

B.A.Nana – Member
    I’m pretty sure Aviva, I covered mine away from home to a value of £1500 for an additional £12 or something around that price

That seems dear. I have individual cover on each of my bikes from Santander; and £1600 worth – new for old, home and away, is less than £5p/m extra.

cozz
    Free Member

my house insurance is through sheila wheels

got £4000 worth of bikes insured for about £40 a year and thy said they are covered in transit and away from home too

Kbrembo
    Free Member

Aviva up to £2500 for a bit extra premium

faz083
    Free Member

Santander do

olddog

+1 for Santander

But read the small print. Bikes obviously must be properly locked up etc. Importantly if stolen from a vehicle they must be out of sight, hidden by a standard fitting of the vehicle, ie NOT JUST [edit] coveverd by a blanket with seats down in your hatchback. These terms are pretty universal.

Under Santander I also seemed to be covered by accidental damage, but I have my doubts about whether bending a three grand bike around a tree whilst hooning down a black out of control will be covered. although, should it happen, i will definitely be asking the question.

sofaking
    Free Member

-1 for santander they will only cover a max of £5000 total for all bikes 🙁

MRanger156
    Free Member

My home content insurance including specified bikes of £3.5k and £800 costs £19 a month. Bikes are covered for theft home and away, including abroad and are covered for breakages and crashes. I can also get my replacement/repair anywhere I want and my last (and only) claim was resolved and paid within two weeks, one week of that was me getting quotes and deciding what replacement frame I wanted 😀

proberts
    Free Member

Santander do mine as an extra on my home insurance, my bikes insured for £2500 and it costs about £16 a month. They paid out in a week last year when I got one nicked without any hassle

blueraven
    Free Member

Recently went with Coop Insurance, buildings and contents, accidental damage, and bikes covered away from home for a little over £400 for the year. This covers 3 bikes, ranging from £900 – £2500.

Bikes under £1000 didn’t need to be itemised, and they cover up to £2500 per bike away from home.

IHN

Another vote for Co-op

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘bikes, insured away from home on house insurance’ is closed to new replies.