Bikes have been nicked – Help please

Home Forum Bike Forum Bikes have been nicked – Help please

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Bikes have been nicked – Help please
  • sharki

Can’t help down here.

Sucks a big one, the kit i helped recover recently never made it back to the owner and the thief pretty much got away with it.

Known thief, caught with possession had enough evidence to do him for the theft. He gets 9 mths conditional discharge, next time i’ll be judge, jury, executioner…

Premier Icon dusty trails
    Subscriber

All i can think is someone knows the bikes were there – someone local – very targetted theft. came with bolt cutters. didn’t take Wilier Izoard road bike or older merlin the wife rides.

baa

Hope you get them back.

Subscriber

baa – so do i. I also hope they fall off ’em & break some bones. Not nice but wtf.

sharki

Alot of riders seem to be followed and watched, bikes on rear racks and roofs are great adverts…..many standard up and over doors are easy to break into.

Fakes cams and sonic alarms are all good deterrents, but if they don’t know what you got in the garage in the first place that’s an even better one.

Of course this isn’t an option for some.

Subscriber

Yep – up n over door was opened – the lock was still locked!!

Subscriber

Sorry All but thought i would post here as well as Chat forum – hope you understand

This is really for people in nw leicestershire area – Markfield, Coalville etc. B**tards broke into my garage last night & took my Merlin Oreas, Turner Spot & kids bikes – 2 Specialized Rockhoppers. 1 Silver & 1 Blue.

Spot is deep red colour but is short of shifters. Talas RLC Gold Hadley Hubs King headset & red Tune chainset + Thomson finishing kit

Merlin has King rasta headset, black f100rlc, Black king hubs, Marta sl, (silver) Raceface chainset & X0 mech & shifters.

So fairly distinctive bikes

Please, All riders in this area, put the word around. I will pay a REWARD for information leading to their recovery.

Although they are insured, i’ll be very lucky to get back what they’re worth.

Thanks

swampi

am in leicester and will keep my eyes peeled and will forward the thread to peeps i know

Subscriber

Swampi – thanks mate – this is the kind of help we as a community of riders need to have. As i said a Reward is available for info leading to recovery.

bridget4

i’ll keep ’em peeled – melton area

Oggles

Will keep an eye out around Loughborough, I know that the barstards are around here. Have you got in touch with the local shops? Its amazing how stupid the thieves can be. Might be worth giving Pedal Power a ring 01509 269663.

We often head over your way too, and you never know who you might spot in the woods.

I’m near markfield and will keep ’em peeled.

Subscriber

Thanks all! Blazin-saddles where you then! I’m in Thornton

zaskar

Bar-stewards.

Premier Icon Merlinman
    Subscriber

Just bumping this…

Simon, that’s really crap news – I’ll be in touch – come over and ride one of mine….

Subscriber

Thanks Rob
    Glass always half full!!

qwerty

that sucks, good luck on the search

i’ve an up and over door (alarmed) which i’m always a bit paranoid about, i drilled 10mm holes in the strip that the door wheels run down and put a padlock each side so the door can’t open, it could still be forced but the door would fall off which is a further complication/noise/time to scumbags

all the best

basehead

Another person in the Loughborough area, I’ll keep an eye out too as I’m often about riding around trying to spot my stolen Yeti ARC 👿 which the police showed no interest in finding, even though I caught a guy riding my other bike stolen at the same time.

It’d help (me at least) if could post a pic of the bikes in question.

Subscriber

Funny thing about pics. was going to take some but decided too much of a crappy day on saturday so left it. Bugger.
    Anyhow, pretty distinctive
    Turner – deep red main triangle, talas rlc, gold Hadley hubs (unusual in these parts, red Tune cranks (again unusual)juicy carbons, this bike didn’t have shifters fitted so un-rideable

Merlin Oreas – unusual & not very common, Black float 100 rlc, king rasta headset, black king hubs, magura marta sl.

Keep ’em peeled!!

Mail in profile

sem

I’ll keep an eye out around West Bridgford.

shoefiti

Didn’t your garage alarm go off and alert you/neighbours?

Premier Icon finishthat
    Subscriber

sad news

try and fit somthing like pacri bolts to the garage door

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Bikes have been nicked – Help please’ is closed to new replies.