Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • BikeRackWorld Assistance please for Hatchback with Spoiler.
  • teadrinker
    Free Member

Hi all,

looking at getting a bike rack for one bike for a Mazda 3 Hatchback. Car is as pictured and has a rear spoiler. I keep looking at them all and am totally confused by it all. Requirements are must be a rear mounting one that won’t rip of the spoiler. Roof bars are a no go (long story, won’t bore) and we don’t have a tow bar. Please help.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

we don’t have a tow bar.

http://www.towbarsbay.com/towbars/mazda/3-sport.html?filter-year=2013

I have no idea what they’ve got against flanged tow bars (which are better for racks IMO as you can leave the mounting plate in place) but they did them when I bought mine from them.

£101 (and £28 for the wiring relay) and bobs your mothers brother as long as you can wield a torque wrench and screwdriver usually.

The other option is seasuckers.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

need to shell out on towbar

nemesis
    Free Member

I asked about fitting a towbar (and electrics) to my Mondeo (which can’t take a boot mounted rack 👿 ) and was quoted about £300. That’s a fair bit of cash over a roof one.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

sorry to hijack thread op

@thisisnotaspoon – (if I get it right) did towbarsbay.com fit the towbar for you? small car in the house needs to be fitted with towbar, I may be able to fit the towbar it’s the electrics i’m worried about and from towbarsbay.com eBay site they dispatch from Nuneaton which is very close from me.

krixmeister

I have a 2015 Ford Fiesta 5 door that looks similar to this:

2015 Ford Fiesta 5 door

I use one of these, which works fine fitting under the mini spoiler on the Fiesta:

Halfords rear high mount 3 bike carrier

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘BikeRackWorld Assistance please for Hatchback with Spoiler.’ is closed to new replies.