Bikepacking West Highland Way

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Bikepacking West Highland Way
  • Now I’m properly confused. Not watched the whole vid yet, but can someone define bikepacking for me?

I assume it means something slightly different from cycling….. Implication that there’s s night out somewhere along the way?

Bridge of orchy?
    Inveroran?

On the longest day.

Hmm. Best finish the vid…

Marin

43 seconds was enough for me. Had good fun doing it in April though.

whitestone

@thegeneralist – bikepacking: basically touring but off-road or backpacking with a bike. So ride, visit pub, find somewhere to kip using either bivy or tent. Repeat.

Ok, yes, that’s what I thought. But the vid title is Tyndrum to The Coe. I’m struggling to understand where the bikepacking comes in. Or is this part three of a four part series?

scotroutes

Maybe it took 3 days due to the need to ride back and forth for setting up camera shots…

Ah right. I get it. Skipped to 13 minutes and recognised the gulch under the railway. It’s a return trip with the overnight at the mighty one.

Premier Icon seosamh77
    Subscriber

ye missed out the good bit on that route, up and down mam carraigh.

ye missed out the good bit on that route, up and down mam carraigh

Not sure which to be more astounded by… The fact that he missed out that excellent hill or the fact that you watched enough of the video to notice!

Premier Icon seosamh77
    Subscriber

😆 skipped through, the overview graphic shows taking the road round to the pub from orchy!

Premier Icon ChannelD
    Subscriber

Thegeneralist: the fact you watched it enough to know Seosam77 watched it enough is good in my book. I have been over the hill before it’s not worth it.

Premier Icon seosamh77
    Subscriber

ChannelD
    I have been over the hill before it’s not worth it.

The descent down to the pub is fabulous, defo worth it.

scotroutes

I have been over the hill before it’s not worth it.

It bloody well is.

Premier Icon ChannelD
    Subscriber

Yes I agree just not laden up and on a time limit.

Premier Icon ChannelD
    Subscriber

This last trip had more time to adventure out and find a tent pitch. https://youtu.be/fbPVyuLvD7I

Premier Icon ChannelD
    Subscriber

@scotroute: No it is not. There are better trails out there if you care to venture that far imo. You know that. Pick you time and place not all can be done in one day. Bike choice too makes a difference as you know. We chose not too. WIYP

Premier Icon seosamh77
    Subscriber

I don’t really get why you had so much gear with you either tbh!

croe

What’s with all the criticism? The guys only posted a video he made of a trip he took.

Premier Icon seosamh77
    Subscriber

I’m not really criticising, just asking about 2 aspects of the trip that confuse me a little!

Premier Icon ChannelD
    Subscriber

The main reason though for not going over the hill which I remember to be steep and technical was as I mentioned in the intro there was a running race on and that hill was a pinch point so pretty busy. We chose not to get in the way of the tired runners. So a few factors.

scotroutes

It’s worth it for the view alone.

The descent is a bonus

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.