Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • bikepacking sleeping bag on a budget
  • stevelolly
    Free Member

My ride buddies are really up for a bike packing trip in the Lakes in mid Sept and I’d really appreciate some sleeping bag advice. I have to confess that I’m not totally sold on the idea but I’ve agreed to give it a go and for that reason I don’t want to spend a fortune on a sleeping bag.
    I’ve read about the pro’s and con’s of down and synthetic and so far have singled out a Vango Venom 200 for £45 and a Vango ultralite 200 for £35. Obviously I don’t want to freeze and I don’t want to spend more than £50 so any experienced advice be great 🙂

Cheers

postierich
    Free Member

How many nights? I just got into the bikepacking malarkey and have bought a cheap summer one from Millets need to factor in a mat and possibly a bivi bag check out Alpkit for vfm products.

Pieface

Decathlon do some cheap and small / light bags.

Take thermal top and bottoms and a hat if its going to be cold and wear them inside the sleeping bag if its cold.

stevelolly
    Free Member

Max 2 nights , mate has got a lightweight tent so bivvy not needed and have an Alpkit mat . Got an Alpkit Gourdon and a pair of Airlok extra bags to strap to the bike as well so far.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Mat – or insulation from the ground is more important for warm night than sleeping bag. Spend the money on a good thermal mat cheap sleeping bag and go layers inside plus hat.

peterich
    Free Member

I just got a eurohike down 500 bag off ebay bnwt for £40 – it seems really good and some good reviews fairly light and warm might be worth a look

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Cant see them on the web site anymore but Tesco did a light weight down bag for £40 a while ago. I used mine a few times recently and its great. Not a bag for frosty nights tho.
    It looks very similar to this…..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BSWolf-Goose-Down-Adult-Mummy-Sleeping-Bag-10-5-8/290954163791?_trksid=p2045573.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D16548%26meid%3D362003502443447020%26pid%3D100033%26prg%3D7839%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D290954163791%26

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘bikepacking sleeping bag on a budget’ is closed to new replies.