Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Bikepacking bar bag for current Vagabond ?
  • iainc

What you using and what can you recommend ? Doesn’t need to be massive, more important to not mess with drops, brakes and cables.

Genesis Vagabond arriving in a week and it’s going light bikepacking in the Hebrides in a month.

Have Revelate frame and seat bags and also a wee Alpkit one for the ‘other’ gravel bike (Croix De Fer)

jaminb
    Free Member

This was my Bikepacking set up last month.

I cant remember whether my tivaro is 13l or 20l but as it is double end you put more wraps to shorten the length. The space between the drop and levers on the standrad bars is 400mm.

The bag did interfere with the gear cables where the meet the adjusters on the head tube. I have bought a yoga block to chop up and use as a spacer. I haven’t done it yet but will post a picture later this week once I have experimented.

Tivaro 13 / Graphine

iainc

Interesting, thanks. The smaller Alpkit Gnaro seems to get good reviews so tempted with that, though only 3l capacity.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    scotroutes

I use a Revelate Harness and 13L Alpkit Airlock. Fits well between the drops and the strap patches on the Airlock play well with those on the Harness to avoid any slippage.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/oE4xXC]P1010496[/url] by Colin Cadden, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/oE5DrZ]DSC_0143[/url] by Colin Cadden, on Flickr

iainc

Cheers for that Scotroutes, I was hoping you’d pop up with that one as I remember pic from before !

scotroutes

I was using the same configuration last weekend. Still works 😉

The Airlock has a greater circumference than the original Revelate bag which means you can fit more in the space between the drops. If you are worried about tyre clearance, just be clever with the packing so that it’s oval in cross-section and protrudes out the front a bit.

iainc

^^^ thanks, any reason for not using a frame bag ? Bottle access I guess ?

scotroutes

Yeah – frame bag rules out bottles, so either means a rucksack or carrying a bladder IN a bag. I do now have a partial frame bag for the Amazon though.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2eh5Jvo]P1050610[/url] by Colin Cadden, on Flickr

iainc

^^ I found same with my Revelate one on the Croix De Fer, though manage to use a small Alpkit one and 650mm bottles.

Not sure what’s going to fit on the Vagabond, I may trade up my Pika seatpack for the new 14l Terrapin one if I have enough seatpost and tyre clearance.

jaminb
    Free Member

my previous picture didnt appear to work – so trying again

whitestone
    Free Member

I’ve the Alpkit Gnaro as has my wife. It’s a useful size if you only want to take a very limited amount of kit. My wife uses hers for commuting. It’s designed for on-road use – the straps aren’t velcro but use snap buckles and they slowly loosen when off-road. Not massively but every half hour or so you have to tighten them. The strap material is very firm so it’s as if the buckle isn’t biting in to it. I’d quite like a 5 litre version (with velcro straps).

I’ve used Alpkit Top tube bags as pseudo frame bags, you can get quite a bit in to the larger ones.

Solaris

Soul

shedbrewed
    Free Member

I’ve got a restrap bar harness for sale in the classifieds if you’re interested?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Bikepacking bar bag for current Vagabond ?’ is closed to new replies.