Bikemagic, is it dead?

Home Forum Chat Forum Bikemagic, is it dead?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 116 total)
  • Bikemagic, is it dead?
  • luke

Wonder what happened to Sadbloke met him once a nice bloke.

Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

He’s probably in room quivering since JenJ moved in with someone other bloke, whom I assume is the only other person in the world who enjoys a long walk whilst holding a mountain bike.

walleater

Was Dan Grey / 42 on BM? Seem to remember a lot of drama a long long time ago….

Premier Icon ChrisL
    Subscriber

Dan Grey was on BikeMagic. I too remember drama.

Premier Icon the-muffin-man
    Subscriber

Someone must have that trailside topless picture of Dan Grey / 42!

It’s etched on my brain in the wrong sort of way.

Doing a search of BM it looks like I joined in 2002. Use to be really good, but I got lured over here by the anonymous posting you used to be able to do (which was great fun, but very unruly!).

joeydeacon

Whatever happened to Official Richie McCoy?

Premier Icon lowey
    Subscriber

I think that particular incident sent a few posters straight to hell.

Quite a few people spotted early on that he had issues, but the piss taking still went on. Not the finest moment that.

Premier Icon nickc
    Subscriber

I’m Emily

I had ‘control’ of Emily Greens acct for a while, and used it to wind up 42/dan who was as much “troubled” in real life as he came over on the internetsweb. He sent me an email” from his lawyers” after some other art shots came into my possession involving his bum and some keys… Like I said, troubled

I don’t remember him. But then I had from mid-2002 until end of 2004 out of the fray.

Just reminded me; I wrote this while on my BM sabbatical: https://bikemagic.com/features/its-a-living.html

Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

Some great things there though. Building Mike the student a bike out of other peoples spares, and the massive bundle of Yorkshire tea and biscuits that found its way to Goaty’s squadron in Afghanistan.

Kato

Someone must have that trailside topless picture of Dan Grey / 42!

hahahaha Good times

*tip of the fedora at Kato.*

Premier Icon nickc
    Subscriber

don’t need a copy, what has been seen can never be unseen. 😯

Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

what has been seen can never be unseen

Who experienced the weightlifter? 😯

Occasionally, yes, PMJ. One of the funniest people I know! Married, father, happy chappy these days.

Good. πŸ™‚

Premier Icon nemesis
    Subscriber

How about the dead bike… A kirk, wasn’t it? Think I provided some parts for that.

Oh and just remembered Doc Doolittle and his crush on Diane πŸ™‚

Lady Gresley

He’s probably in room quivering since JenJ moved in with someone other bloke, whom I assume is the only other person in the world who enjoys a long walk whilst holding a mountain bike.

Hahaha πŸ˜€ Now I’m getting a bit older I need a bike as a zimmer frame πŸ˜€
    We do however seem to have moved to somewhere with no hills, never mind mountains, so no more walking.

Wonder what happened to Sadbloke met him once a nice bloke.

I do believe he has already posted on this thread…

Who experienced the weightlifter?

Noooooooo!!!! Wouldn’t get away with that on here!

Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

Project is Sadbloke?

Rockape63

That’s the one thread I remember better than any other…it was funny, surreal, sad, not funny and then hilarious, but you felt a bit guilty after you’d logged off! (looking for a mechanic)

Oh and just remembered Doc Doolittle and his crush on Diane

Met Doc a few times. Equally eccentric in the flesh.

Ridden with Di too, although not for 10 years or so. She’s a friend on FB and doing alright.

Di is an occasional visitor here as well, IIRC

one_bad_mofo

I think Brant was still the editor when I got this published Bad Ass Biking.

Fast forward many years and I had several review pieces published just before the site stopped being updated. Shame that the bylines were consistently wrong…

Premier Icon Nobeerinthefridge
    Subscriber

Looks like Trailscotland has died a sorry death too, surprised it lasted as long…

Premier Icon rOcKeTdOg
    Subscriber

Someone must have that trail side topless picture of Dan Grey / 42!

wasn’t the topless pic that caused the trouble, i know the person who received the other photos

New Hope Headset

A Hope headset? It’ll never catch on…

JoeBones

Funny to read back over this. Yes I was ABJ, the wee angry man from NI with too many bikes.

Fond memories of the “Bikemagic Jamboree” where a few of us met up one Saturday morning (July 2003) at Dalbeattie and stayed at Castle Douglas. A few trips followed over the various Staines, a Welsh trip was in there too and I did Sleepless In The Saddles in 2006 with people from Mlehworld. Managed a weekend in the Peaks too.

2006 was the beginning of the end of mountainbiking for me due to stupid workload followed by a recession and a messy divorce that almost bloody killed me.

Fast forward to now and im out the other side and own a Vitus Escarpe II which ive ridden 4 times on our local trail centres (yes we finally got them in NI just after I sold all my bikes!).

Must try and get out again soon.

Social media friends with Nick Evans (said earlier) and Majik Moo and Bruce aka Slow Old Git and afew others, Jase T is on my Insta and fishes a lot!. Not been involved in the scene locally for about 10 years.

I suppose BM and STW in those days were what we call social media now.

Hope you are all good!

Pete

JoeBones

Another one I rember was the STW ‘do’ at the Tontine hotel in Peebles, spent the next day boking out of the car window at Glentress carpark, bike didnt even get out that day :-/

CountZero

RopeyReignRider – Member
    I miss Dylan and his unique personal take on logic, science, reason and so on…

There are one or two around these parts that description could be attached to…

Lady Gresley – Member

Hahaha πŸ˜† Now I’m getting a bit older I need a bike as a zimmer frame πŸ˜€
    You and me both!
    I have an increasingly shonky left knee, that sometimes gives the disturbing impression of wanting to bend in directions knees were never designed to bend in, along with the discomfort that goes with osteoarthritis.
    The initial damage was caused by the bike going sideways under me, and my knee slamming into the Tarmac.
    I’m sure riding might do it some good, but I’m honestly to afraid of coming off again and doing more damage;
    I don’t want a joint replacement any time soon!
    I do miss evening rides with a pub stop as an excuse, though. 😐

nbt

https://bikemagic.com/news

Item 2 on the list of “news”:

Cycle Show 2015: Downhill bikes to look out for
    Going to the show? Make sure you don’t miss these.

Yes, well. Can’t say I ever used the site myself. Honest, guv

ChunkyMTB

Morning Pete, you had your poo yet?

Glad all’s well ABJ.

Feeling lighter post 8am? πŸ˜€

Yes, well. Can’t say I ever used the site myself. Honest, guv

I think the last time I saw you NBT you were getting ready to get married on the same day as my birthday. Was that the BM Hebden Bridge ride?

nbt

I have no recollection of a BM Hebden ride – I’m not saying it didn;t happen, just that I don’t remember it. I have pics from the slackfest (23rd sept 2001) but no indication of a BM ride in ’02

Was that the Peak District Slackfest? Think I have pics of that too. With Jon Doran?

On the HB ride I remember descending back to Hebden Bridge/Todmorden via a switchbacked bridleway after a fairly exposed section and could have sworn it was with you; I rode it again after a STW Awards dinner several years back.

Pretty sure this is it:
    http://www.streetmap.co.uk/idld.srf?X=395623&Y=424677&A=Y&Z=115&lm=1
    https://goo.gl/maps/8bcFrBPnBPo

I suspect I’m getting the two mixed up… πŸ™‚

nbt

Pimpmaster wrote:

Was that the Peak District Slackfest? Think I have pics of that too. With Jon Doran?

That’s the one – the one that saw the creation of the Gary Ewing Infinite Mechanicals Scenario

Pimpmaster wrote:

On the HB ride I remember descending back to Hebden Bridge/Todmorden via a switchbacked bridleway after a fairly exposed section and could have sworn it was with you; I rode it again after a STW Awards dinner several years back.
    Pretty sure this is it:
    http://www.streetmap.co.uk/idld.srf?X=395623&Y=424677&A=Y&Z=115&lm=1
    https://goo.gl/maps/8bcFrBPnBPo
    I suspect I’m getting the two mixed up…

That’s Rodwell End which is (was – not ridden it for some time and I vaguely recall talk of “improvements”) a fantastic trail. Again, I’m not denying that it happened or even that I was there, I just don’t recall it πŸ™‚

i remember a ride out of hebden with bikemagic. Must have been 01 or 02. I was on my orange klein attitude. Alex Leigh was there I think on a superlight. and I think Steve Makin was there as well. Some good tralis and not so good weather!

PMJ travelled up to my place and I drove up there, PMJ – Is that the one where we stayed in harrogate the night before with pat mustard?

nbt

AHHHH yes! the one where we did the House of Shit / Gorple Road / Long Causeway and the weather was awful – some of us did Whirlaw Stones and Rodwell End, others just battered down the road to Hedben Bridge

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 116 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.