Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 116 total)
  • Bikemagic, is it dead?
  • JoeBones
    Free Member

Had wee look on there today, not much happening 🙄

chewkw
    Free Member

I’ve stopped visiting them long long time ago … 🙂

jeffl

Latest review is from 2014. Not sure why they’re still paying the server bills.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nickname
    Free Member

It does look kinda dead. Odd really as the company uses the same platform (or used to) to support outdoorsmagic, fishingmagic and I think runnersworld (which all seem to be doing well).

Probably doesn’t cost them anything to keep it running (maybe it’s on the same servers as the others etc).

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

15 years ago bike magic was a hive of activity, but then I discovered here just after the change from gofar. The biggest pull was the absence of twatty kids swearing black was white. I remember some dumb arse promoting the New Forest as THE place to ride and he just couldn’t understand that other people might not think that.

And for those of you thinking it’s bad here, I invite you to go and look at any other forum of your choice for comparison.

footflaps

I invite you to go and look at any other forum of your choice for comparison.

Aren’t they all dieing off now that FB is taking over the world?

chakaping
    Free Member

I believe it was going to be revived but then they (Factory Media) changed their minds.

Kryton57

Place was full of idiots close to lunacy anyway… 😛

MSP

It was ok until Stan ruined it.

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

^^ this 😀

Edukator
    Free Member

Most people are on here anyhow. Is that you with the second post on the thread, DK?

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

It does look kinda dead. Odd really as the company uses the same platform (or used to) to support outdoorsmagic, fishingmagic and I think runnersworld (which all seem to be doing well).

Pretty sure they were all sold off to different companies. BM went to Factory, based just round the corner. Not entirely sure what Factory wanted with it, TBH.

Place was full of idiots close to lunacy anyway…

There were some ‘characters’…

😆

Rockape63
    Free Member

Tell me Chewkw isn’t DK???
    😯

Kryton57

Nah – DK has moved on and has a flourishing photography hobbie/business. So I’ve heard.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Nah – DK has moved on and has a flourishing photography hobbie/business. So I’ve heard.

Oh…wonder if he ever did an Ironman?

#smirks# 🙂

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Oh…wonder if he ever did an Ironman?

😆

Drac

The biggest pull was the absence of twatty kids swearing black was white.

There no longer kids and moved elsewhere. Can’t think where.

nemesis
    Free Member

I remember Terry the Troll and Baa Kid K amongst others… 🙂

It was a great place in the early 2000s but kind of died after that as here took off.

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

I miss Dylan and his unique personal take on logic, science, reason and so on… 🙁

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Anyone else remember when I started the Make Mike a Bike thread and then you all made mike a bike? We woz a comoonity..

ChrisL

I think I found BikeMagic and this forum at about the same time in 2002. Initially I spent more time on the BikeMagic forums but it seemed like they started to dwindle in popularity while this place went from strength to strength.

I can only remember the names of a couple of folks from the BikeMagic forums and one of them is memorable mainly because of some of the very poor decisions he made which saw him disappear from both that forum and this one.

DavidB
    Free Member

I heard a rumour that Bikemagic tried to buy Singletrack a few years back. Glad that never happened 😉

MrOvershoot

RopeyReignRider – Member

I miss Dylan and his unique personal take on logic, science, reason and so on..

Magnetic hills oh those were the days, India Jane 😀

Think I was one of the first on there Member No 101 or something. We even started a local mountain biking sort of club off there that ended up having its own website & forum!

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Think I was one of the first on there Member No 101 or something. We even started a local mountain biking sort of club off there that ended up having its own website & forum!

Was that the First XVII? (I imagine I have the numerals wrong)

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I remember Terry the Troll and Baa Kid K amongst others…

Rev Gaston Faggotburger and Clamidia Loosesnatch.

😆

Wasn’t Gaston Jon from OutdoorsMagic?

pennine
    Free Member

Some North Leeds lads/lasses still use it occasionally for night rides. Dylan appeared for 2 days (early last year I think) slagging everyone off then promptly disappeared.
    Weirdly Arnold Brocklethwaite-Jones posted yesterday!

bobbybobbyb
    Free Member

Blimey. I’d forgotten about BM. It was good when it was in it’s prime. I was Bobbullet (with the pinhead from hellraiser avatar) I thought DK was on here a while ago.
    Dylan was ace, occasionally spoke some sense, otherwise always entertaining.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Emily? Emily, is that you?

nemesis
    Free Member

I’m Emily!

And so is he!

Fine wine, anyone?

njee20
    Free Member

I’m friends with Arnold Brocklethwaite-Jones on FB randomly!

It was great in its heyday.

bit like this place.

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

I do miss the way in which you could be silly on BM and no one cared. This place feels a little more ahem.. regulated 🙂

Anyone remember when I started the “Once upon a time” story board thread? 😀

http://forums.bikemagic.com/showthread.php/77350-once-upon-a-time?s=3690d969f6cb14e23316a4bc99658e77#W3mwWheh6kjixwhe.97

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I was just looking through one of the (many) troll amnesty threads: http://forums.bikemagic.com/showthread.php/12259-Troll-Amnesty#2VrxDQjFwFRJFefV.97

BadlyWiredDog

I was just looking through one of the (many) troll amnesty threads:

I was never aware of any trolls on BM. That was a bit of an eye-opener for me.

angeldust
    Free Member

Place was full of idiots close to lunacy anyway…

There were some ‘characters’…

Ha, I distinctly remember (this is well over 15 years ago) some grumpy old bugger complaining that users were not taking the forum seriously and describing you as ‘Pimpmaster idiot’!

nemesis
    Free Member

Lol. Just noticed that I was a ‘senior member’ apparently 😆

shifter
    Free Member

pennine – Member
    Weirdly Arnold Brocklethwaite-Jones posted yesterday!

That’s a remarkable coincidence…

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Ha, I distinctly remember (this is well over 15 years ago) some grumpy old bugger complaining that users were not taking the forum seriously and describing you as ‘Pimpmaster idiot’!

😆

Wasn’t Ancient Mariner by any chance?

luke
    Free Member

I used to prefer BM to hear then my views changed and I dropped off from posting on BM still it’s a shame it’s gone down hill.

project
    Free Member

one of the more intresting topics regarding an ex primeminister

http://forums.bikemagic.com/showthread.php/108166-Sadbloke-will-be-partying-tonight!

the current one will just be sidelined away and forgotten about

Rockape63
    Free Member

Just read that Sadbloke thread and noticed I’d joined in 2004….thought it was much later. I always think that Junky is the STW Sadbloke. 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 116 total)

The topic ‘Bikemagic, is it dead?’ is closed to new replies.