Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Bikelux in Newbury
  • strike
    Free Member

Anybody had any dealings with this shop – if so, good service/aftersales etc etc?

weeksy

Errmmm. Yes….

No… Not from what I’ve seen. Very poor service, poor mechanical skils… Although admittedly, they are very polite.

I’d use Bike Mania in didcot, they’ve been very good for me.

strike
    Free Member

Funny you should mention the shop in Didcot. I’m in the market for a new Scott Genius, and they are the next closest Scott dealer.

Bikelux does seem a bit odd, being above a car dealership – someone did tell me it’s just a ‘toy’ project for the owner…..

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    weeksy

Well to give you a bit more detail.

Mate bought a Scott (he posts on here too)

When he took in for first service, they left him with only 9 gears instead of 10, saying “can’t quite get it to work right”.

They left his lockout cable frayed and all over the place at top of fork leg.

They then sent them to Mojo to be repaired.. 8 days after saying “they’ve been sent, they were still in the workshop”

After completion, he still didn’t have 10 gears… he then brought to me and I got him all 10 in about 40 seconds upside down in his front garden.

That for me instantly said “Stay away”

As for Mountain Mania in didcot, I called them up wanting a PF30 on a Friday afternoon. The guy then drive 45 miles that evening to their other shop to collect it for me, drive back in the morning and fitted it by 9.30am All in all, excellent service.

strike
    Free Member

Thanks for that. Says loud and clear to me STAY AWAY!!!!

mrblobby
    Free Member

Shame really if that’s the case. I’ve popped in to browse and the chap who runs it seems a nice guy and they have some lovely Yeti’s there. Tough competition too as both Banjo and Supernova are very good.

Pigface
    Free Member

Not really a toy project but Richard the guy who owns the shop and the car dealership is crazy busy.

If you had bad service then tell Richard I am sure he will get it sorted.

iolo
    Free Member

If people dont speak to the owner/manager at the time I find that a bit crap.
    It doesn’t give them the chance to rectify a problem.
    Also their business tends to get ruined by the keyboard junkies who post ” awful shop ” comments.
    These comments are sometimes justified but most of the time not.

strike
    Free Member

If a shop can not tune gears or doesn’t spot a frayed cable in an obvious place/bother to do anything about it, then that speaks volumes to me. And it’s also too late to find out about ‘real’ aftercare service once you’ve handed over your cash….

I wouldn’t say Weeksy’s reply was <“keyboard junkies who post ” awful shop ” comments>. He gave an example of why he didn’t rate one shop and another example of why he rates a different shop.

We also don’t know if the person stated in Weeksy’s post did complain? I know we ‘should’ complain when we get bad service but often people don’t have time and just take their business elsewhere.

weeksy

My mate did complain at the time, more than once as the collection date got put back and back, apparently the owner was most apologetic and really nice about it all… However it didn’t resolve the situation any quicker.

I’ll point him to the thread and he can give the full story, he’s a regular poster on here.

crosshair
    Free Member

Ok, so last year they had an awesome guy called Greg working there who knew his stuff. You would trust your life with him. So I bought a bike from them.
    Then I had a spoke problem under warrenty 10months later and turns out Greg has left to start his own bike tour business (hope it’s going well for him- he was a top bloke). The new guy, Tom, hadn’t been there long when I had to deal with him.
    Anyway, wheel gets sent off but there was a fair bit of b/s about timings and turned out he hadn’t done it when he said he had.
    I’d asked them to give it a full service and have a look at the lock out which had stopped working. When I eventually went in to collect, Tom proudly told me they’d put a complimentary bottle cage on as mine was broke. He had put it on upside down!!!!!
    Considering all the gears were perfect when it went in, I wondered why he was jamming a cable down through the frame. He told me it would sharpen the shifting up but he was having trouble getting it in. I then suggested he removed the bolt on cable guide as the chances of poking it out through the tiny hole were one in a million!
    He then scratched the rear subframe with his Allen key!! At this point I went crazy nuts at him and said it might be best to stop working on it!
    Eventually, he agreed to get the mobile mechanic they usually use to sort it out for me.
    When it came back, the lockout cable was frayed and the bolts all rounded off.

So now I needed the forks sending off to be fixed but didn’t want tom anywhere near it so made contact with Richard through Facebook who got it sorted really quickly to be fair.
    If they get a new mechanic, I’d have no qualms dealing with them again and they do great 0% finance 😉

Pigface
    Free Member

Gregs company is called Jelli and he is doing well from all accounts

http://jelli.eu/

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Bikelux in Newbury’ is closed to new replies.