Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Bikefest ,how did we all do ?
  • Edric64
    Free Member

As title how did we all get on yesterday? Some of the solo guys were really quick and did a hell of a lot of laps ,more than we did as a team .We ended up 13th in old gits team having gained 3 places in the last hour

cloudnine
    Free Member

Overtook 38 people, knocked 3 off, insulted 27 but only rode right over 1 rider who was already on the floor. What do I win?

Edric64
    Free Member

Depends if you were one of the really rapid blokes (or girls)who kept flying past me.I have decided that Ashton Court doesnt suit my riding style .As I am rubbish at anything technical!!

ghislainlambert
    Free Member

Mega chuffed with 1st place solo here. Felt relatively good all day until my last lap, then the lights went out.

Thanks to everyone who gave encouragement throughout the day, especially the ‘legend’ that is Matt Carr. Also a great big slap on the back for Paul and Mikey and the rest of the bikefest team for another great event.

Despite what the other thread on here mentioned I thought everyone was really polite and considerate. I only had a couple of fast team riders get a bit lairy towards the end of the day but that was probably due to me being on my knees at the time.

Edric64
    Free Member

Well done ! how many laps did you get in ? I saw you fly through the pit area a few times

ghislainlambert
    Free Member

Cheers Edrik, I don’t know to be honest. Think it was 23. I had 40 minutes left when I finished so got shouted at by my mates to do another. I was beyond caring by that point though. My primary concerns were beer and burger related by then.

Edric64
    Free Member

Beer was good by then the bar only seemed to get busy once people finished their last laps from about 7ish .23 laps !well done,we did 21 as a team .I bow to your superior fitness 😀

spev

we finished with 16 laps in the pairs cat, quite pleased as our our mates in a team of four also got 16 laps and they all half our age. Slow compared to many i’d imagine but i’m still feeling quite happy.

LoCo
    Free Member

Team guys really well Mark getting 3rd in solo singlespeed, Andrew 5th I. Vet. Solo , Hannekke in mixed pairs ( in torq gear) 3rd with Grant Levy.
    RIchard and myself in our first 12 hour pairs managed 17 laps and 13th which we were quite pleased with.
    I realised I should have pushed at bit more as my last lap was 3 mins quicker than any of the other ones.
    Great event as always and no issues with passes

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

quite a few nasty crashes out there – girl in the quarry section with paramedics for some time, another girl crashed off the plastic ramp and apparently spent last night in hospital under obs after losing consciousness, and one of the halfwayup guys came in near the end with a gaping wound on his knee.

No idea about positions yet, but one of our guys (in his first MTB race in 20years) was the last one across the line with 4 seconds to go. The collapse was genuine not for effect- he’s had a chest infection all week.

Had a chat with Paul. They were ‘evicted’ from camping at Ashton Court after the bogfest/metal tracks situation. He approached the school who own the neighbouring cricket pavilion which is why we were where we were. The event nearly got cancelled after A.C more than doubled their asking price for the site (despite now not providing camping), but he managed to talk some sense into them, and entries into all events are massively down this year across most events, so the feeling of empty trails and campsite compared to previous wasnt imagination.

Passes seemed as friendly if not friendlier than previous years (and it’s always had a good atmosphere). Singlespeed field seemed huge this year?

Couple of pics: Matt our solo-ist, in his first solo outing, on a rigid SS

Munqe Chick catching a female soloist

grahamh
    Free Member

Currently uploading photos from yesterday which can be found
    here

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Fantastic event loved every minute of it! No idea where we came in the mixed 4 .. although we were 3 chicks and 1 dick.. don’t think there’s many in that category!

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

graham, youve got a nice pic of my two postees, matt and munqe chick from the first lap 🙂

clubber
    Free Member

I’ve absolutely no idea how we did. we had a great time though other than one of the other LVIS riders having to go to hospital for a cat scan… we think he’s OK though.

good pic of me Graham, ta

davidj

17th for our team of 4, which was better than expected.

Results are here: http://www.timelaps.co.uk/assets/uploads/EVENTREPORT.aspx?eventid=246AshtonCourt08/06/2013

godihatehills
    Free Member

dammit.
    I was last.
    that’s a first.

ghislainlambert
    Free Member

oops it seems being jacked up on jelly babies had me thinking I’d done 2 more laps than I had

IA

Hmm, some funny timings there, overall seems right but apparently we had a 17minute lap… I know a couple of quick ones went down but we weren’t that quick! Mind it’s followed by a slow one, the total is right for a pair of laps.

jonny360
    Free Member

Godihatehills….me too..we do have good excuse though.

BristolPablo
    Free Member

13th in the Mens pairs but there is a minor timing cock up between us (308) and Team 306 which may affect positions slightly but regardless of that, we are pretty chuffed to match the same number of laps we did last year with two others as a team of four!

godihatehills
    Free Member

Im quite proud of the fact that a race ending crash only cost me an extra three minutes (33 min lap)… probably took me that long to work out what the hell I was doing there 🙂

mocha
    Free Member

Seventh in mixed pairs – think we’ll enter as males next time we’ll be better placed! As always more/some training required, maybe next year. Fantastic event in the sunshine tho’ eh?

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Bikefest ,how did we all do ?’ is closed to new replies.