• This topic has 26 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by enmac.
Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Bike Yoke revive – anyone got one?
  • filks

Are they any good? My droppers knackered and I’ve been offered a decent price on one…

TIA

kayak23

A mate has one.
    Seems to be forever ‘reviving’ it.
    My Reverb keeps going.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Have I got one?

Nope, I’ve got 3. Think it’s a great post. I’ve come to the conclusion that all posts go wrong so I want something repairable. Spares are cheap, service is easy and so far, no repair needed.

Next dropper will also be a revive.

Love how light the action is on it as well.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    martinhutch

If it’s a more recent one, the ‘revives’ are far less frequent, provided you’re not constantly lifting it by the saddle with the dropper down. I’ve not had to revive it for about six months since it was rebuilt with the latest internals.

The great thing about it is that most of it can be serviced pretty easily at home.

cashback

I ve got one which I have had for about 2 years, I ve never had to revive it. I think they are great and would get another

handybendyhendo
    Free Member

Worst thing I ever bought.

Rough feeling from almost day one….even after a repair.

mudeverywhere
    Free Member

I’m always a bit confused as to why anyone would want a dropper so flawed in design it needs a Revive feature to remedy a problem most other modern posts just don’t suffer from, except Reverbs. All the while they have the gall to make out they’ve come up with something amazing in the marketing and charge a premium for it.

Akers

Smooth, simple, short stack height, easy to service at home. The only drawback is the price, so if you can get one cheap, take it.

jam-bo

I have one. Had it pretty much since they came out. Was fed up with reverbs and the low stack height meant I could fit a 160 drop post in the place of a 125mm reverb.

not sure I’d pay the extra now there are so many more good options out there.

twistedpencil

Three years of owning one.  It’s great.  Just had it serviced and upgraded for free. First ride on it tonight after a few weeks off. It’s bloody amazing.  Got fed up with reverbs.

The revive has been a great investment IMHO.

luket

I bought mine mostly for the low stack height but I serviced it recently after a couple of years use and realised it is genuinely built to be easily user serviceable, which I think is a valuable USP. As well as the revive thing of course, which I both agree is required more often than other posts I’ve owned but also disagree that it’s required so often as to make any negative difference to life or imply it’s somehow a bad design. Way I see it is it’s good that it’s available if I need it, and I have needed it infrequently enough that more than once I’ve had to look up how to use the function.

A quick disassemble, clean, grease and reassemble is both very quick and very effective. Mine feels as new after it.

I’m also happy with a Brand X at the other end of the scale, but I’d pay a premium for the Revive.

Oh, and ability to adjust cable tension at either end is nice too.

pembo6
    Free Member

Best dropper I’ve ever had. Super smooth. Hardly needs reviving.
    Its not a design flaw as suggested further up the page. They have deliberately used less internal seals to make it super smooth. But this means the air & oil can mix occasionally. So they built in the revive function. I’ve had other posts that even with the extra seals, eventually the air & oil will mix and its a real pain to get the air out. This revive function is so easy to use.

cupotea

I’ve had 2 for years, I think both are first gen. I’ve had to ‘revive’ one once. As others have mentioned the action is lovely and light. I have a One-up on another bike and whilst I don’t have any complaints the Bike Yoke feels a step up with the lack of play and in general use.

Using my girlfriends Reverb with it’s god-awful plunger button thing is just terrible in comparison.

chiefgrooveguru

I’ve got two 185mm Revives, both over two years old. Only ever need to revive them after operating the post with he bike at a weird angle, like hanging from its front wheel in the garage wall hangers. Max version is great if you have a 34.9mm seat tube.

I think the Max one finally needs a quick service, as it’s got a bit slow in the rain. It does get used most days though!

They were expensive but they work well and seem to be very cheap to own, both in maintenance costs and maintenance time.

hatter

Got a Devine on the hardtail and a Revive on the E-MTB, the Revive is noticably smoother but the Devine is ilghter and cheaper.

Both are great and seem rock solid in terms of construction and quality, if I was building a 3rd bike I’d get another one.

djflexure

Have one on my nice bike and its been faultless – but then so have all the other droppers I’ve owned (KS,Thomson, Brand X). Perhaps I’ve been lucky.

luket

On a bit of a tangent, has anyone noticed the brass keys to be not quite straight? I’m fairly sure, but not 100% sure, that this is deliberate to take up some slack because I can’t see how I’d have bent them, and the function of my post with them put back in seems perfect, but it did seem a bit odd to me.

I have ordered a service kit which has replacements in so it’ll be interesting to see what they’re like.

martinhutch

On a bit of a tangent, has anyone noticed the brass keys to be not quite straight?

Think that’s deliberate, yes.

argee

Bought one recently, been having a right nightmare with the ebike killing seatposts, i’ve used KS Levs for a long time, 3 months on the ebike and had two failures, just can’t seem to keep them working no matter how often i service them, so looked for a replacement, ended up with the revive due to stack height, bought a oneup originally, not long enough so it’s on the hardtail now.

I think seatposts just tend to be a part that are prone to failure now and again, the KS was flawless on my hardtail for nearly 18 months, and it was secondhand before that, but after 3 months it’s been notchy, failed to go back up and developed the 10mm drop that reverbs do, i had reverbs that failed, and would never get another one, the fox transfer i have seems to work well, but seen others fail, it really is just pot luck i guess, they are all pretty much well designed, but just fail due to wear and tear, crashes, hard riding and so on.

sparkyrhino

Yup had a 185 for coming up 3 years, been revived probally 3 times, buttery smooth,light well designed lever, only needed 1 cable change.

johnw1984
    Free Member

I had one of the earlier ones. Had to revive a few times per ride, it spat its guts out of the air valve after a few months.

TF replaced it with a warranty replacement unit, which felt gritty and not smooth at all. Didn’t get to use it much after as I sold the bike it was on.

It was a nice post when it was working and my experience wouldn’t put me off getting another. There’s a lot of competition these days though.

filks

Thanks all. Just bought one in 185 flavour. Hopefully will be as good as most have experienced here 🤞

mudfish

Best dropper I’ve had
    Started with the Maverick Speedball, then the Crank Bros version, next the Specialized (reliable that one with its mechanical clamp, but short travel and only 3 positions) then a couple of Rockshox Reverb (bloody awful reliability, my mechanic shop owner mate refuses to service them now they fail so often) – next the reliable Fox Transfer and then the Yoke cos the Transfer didn’t fit my new frame (want a 31.6 transfer? PM me).
    Love the Yoke nice lever too.

Northwind

I’ve got two (I can’t afford two, but the first one got nicked then recovered after I bought a replacement). And yep, they’re superb. I had reverbs and Ks posts before and they’ve been less trouble than either despite having harder use and being longer. And the “revive” is so simple that it’s frankly daft to compare it to servicing a reverb- nobody and I mean nobody ever would, given the choice between “turn an allen key once to fix it but maybe have to do it every 3 or 4 rides, and you can do it as soon as there’s an issue” or “take it completely apart or send it in for servicing and you have to do it once a year probably and you can’t fix it midride or really mid holiday”. There’s a reason so many people just ride around with squidgy reverbs.

However… They’re super expensive and the biggest selling point for me was the length, which now they have comopetitors for. So when I needed another post, I got a Oneup, and it’s also been great. Wouldn’t touch a reverb with a 10 foot Bikeyoke these days

RickDraper
    Free Member

Just got another revive to replace a AXS reverb on one of my bikes. I was going to replace it with a oneup but getting them is challenging at the minute and I would need to shim it down to 190mm anyway.

I had a revive in the past but foolishly believed the grass was greener on the other side and sold it. So now I have done a full circle and am back where I started. They aren’t cheap but they are the best dropper on the market IMHO.

allyharp

I’ve had one for about 3 years, bought to replace a reverb with an annoying amount of sag.

I bought it mainly for the low insert depth as most posts above 125mm at the time would hit the kink in my seat tube (other posts might match that now).

It’s been great. Have had to revive it a handful of times per year at most. The only problem I’ve had was this year when it got stuck in the open position mid ride (which I had to abandon) Turns out that the actuator at the bottom of the post needed a little grease, so it was very quick to fix, and once you know about could probably be sorted (or at least closed) on the trail.

enmac
    Free Member

I’ve had one for about 4 years. Recently, it was requiring a revive every ride and sometimes twice in the same ride and I thought it was about time I serviced it. But I thought I would check the air pressure first and lo and behold all that “reviving” had depleted the pressure. I pumped it back up to 250 psi and it was just like new. Since then I don’t think I have had to revive it once.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Bike Yoke revive – anyone got one?’ is closed to new replies.