• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Del.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Bike trailers for pets/kids, any advice?
  • awesom-o
    Free Member

I’m thinking of trying a cheap pet trailer to go behind a hardtail so I can take the pup for rides on the transpennine near glossop. There seems to be a cheapish model going for around £60 on ebay/amazon etc. Anyone used one of these or any other child/pet trailer? Any good?

Here’s one example: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0046SIIM4/ref=asc_df_B0046SIIM44502214?smid=A16QHM3PHKT0YO&tag=googlecouk06-21&linkCode=asn&creative=22218&creativeASIN=B0046SIIM4

awesom-o
    Free Member

anyone?

sparkyspice
    Free Member

I got a similar sort of thing from flea-bay. I used it for both my kids, and we could load up for the day, including all the crap you need for a 3 and 4 year old. They loved it, I got abike ride and the wife was happy. Win, Win, Win!!!

keyses2

This is what I’ve got. £30 off ebay about 5 years ago. It’s lasted fairly well and isn’t too bad to tow, dog took a couple of rides to get used to it.

awesom-o
    Free Member

Excellent thanks…I was hoping for positive feedback…now to copy this thread link and send it to the wife…. 😀

Slightly silly question but how do they actually attach to the bike? One photo looks like there’s a bracket attached to the chain stay while others look like they connect to pannier mounts? Some look like they bolt to the rear axle. Info is a bit scant on the budget models..

Brainflex

Don’t cut corners.

Del

LOL @ Brainflex.
    i’ve got a ‘burly tail wagon’ dog trailer. yours for 60 quid plus post. used it about 10 times, but the dog was never really that happy with it, and she just runs alongside on the lead, or does her own thing off it, now. will attach either using a chainstay or a qr attachment ( i have both the mounts ).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Bike trailers for pets/kids, any advice?’ is closed to new replies.