Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Bike trailer for babies/kids – help me out
  • iamanobody
    Free Member

Little lad is coming up for 4 months so looking at a trailer for him. Budget is <150
    Any recommendations? Had a folding Halfords one years ago which was ace but not sure about making him secure in it?

ajantom

Keep an eye out for a decent second-hand one. I bought a good condition Chariot/Thule double buggy with all the jogging, walking, etc. extras for £160.

They’re so much better built than the cheapy Halfords/ebay ones. Solid base, brake, proerly waterproof. When my two outgrow it it will probably sell for not much less than I paid for it!

grahamt1980

We got a weber baby insert for our thule, it took a bit of messing about to get it well attached, but worked well as we got the infant bit too that held the head fairly securely.
    I think ours is now in the loft as the boy is 3.5

matt_outandabout

Keep an eye out for a decent second-hand one.

^This.

We got a proper Burley for £80, used and abused it for a couple of years, and sold it on to a friend for £60…

iamanobody
    Free Member

What makes am i looking at? chariot/thule/burley?

Apart from ebay/gumtree?

ajantom

Thule bought Chariot in 2011 (just Googled that!), so they’re now branded as ‘Thule-Chariot’.
    The one I bought is just Chariot, and though it’s probably 10 years old it’s in great nick, and will probably do another 10+ years.
    Burley ones are meant to be good too, as well as Hamax and Croozer.

I just set up a search on Gumtree and Ebay for all those names, and one came up near me at a good price within a couple of days.

simon_g

Chariot here. They got bought by Thule a few years back but I think they still used “chariot” as a model name so easy enough to search for. Really well built, and easy to get spares for any bits you might lose or damage. Works well as an outdoorsy pushchair, and can use as a running buggy too with the single front wheel kit. There’s also an “infant sling” for very little ones – they don’t recommend use with bikes until they’re older though.

squirrelking
    Free Member

We got a Burley Bee (basic model), all bits are available if you need a disc adaptor or the wee flag or whatever.

Nice and light, newer models have better features but honestly it’s a lot of nice to haves as opposed to necessities.

Cubs are the hire model IIRC they are a bit more substantial but no real difference.

legend
    Free Member

We’ve got a Chariot but since he’s been big enough for a Wee Ride it’s not been touched. So definitely not worth going overboard with the trailer

iamanobody
    Free Member

Anywhere I could loan one from? For say six months?

ajantom

since he’s been big enough for a Wee Ride it’s not been touched.

I’ve got a Weeride as well, but anything over a couple of miles I have to use the trailer, as the knees out position with the WR kills me.

Also with the trailer I can still take the 5yr old along with the 1yr old on longer rides that she can’t manage yet.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Bike trailer for babies/kids – help me out’ is closed to new replies.