Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Bike thieves 0, Me 1. ha, losers.
  • bobbyspangles

After 10 months apart I had my Intense 5.5 returned to me today by Warwickshire police.

The bike turned up on Ebay last week, nothing changed since its theft and also for sale not far from where taken. Plus the numpty who listed it had also listed the same sale on Gumtree, where he had conveniently left a little marker on google maps as to where he lived, as well as a phone number.
    So after reporting in to the police and bidding a silly amount on ebay I tracked down where the seller lived and persuaded the police to pay him a visit.

A week later I have my bike back, the seller has not had charges pressed as it is too difficult to ascertain his guilt with regard to handling stolen goods-oh well you cannot have everything!

So, if you or someone you know has had a bike stolen then do not give up. Keep searching, set up ebay saved searches, get on gumtree but most importantly never lose hope that one day your bike will come home.

binners

Excellent. Seeing as you now know where he lives….

…I presume 😉

MarkN
    Free Member

Great result! Get out and ride it and enjoy it again.

mrphil
    Free Member

Great result mate!

Had a simular situation in March after my bike was stolen, the dip shit split the bike and sold some parts.

Went to his house, confirmed they were mine to my mate and we then belled the police.

He walked out the house with £200 worth of weed and the brakes in a box, all he got was a caution for handling stolen goods.

Ebay name gingersully

Also found a suspect sale on ebay before…

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=251280057581

jekkyl

Nice one mate.

wwaswas

binners – I thought the murdered out 66’s you chose initially were better suited 😉

br
    Free Member

bidding a silly amount on ebay

Does that mean he (if he wasn’t the original thief) now knows where you live?

andywoods
    Free Member

Posted similar thread earlier in week bmx and road bike both found on eBay months after stolen both returned, but how do the insurance work because they’ve paid out technically are they the property of the insurance company because they have paid out for New one’s

FOG

Had both a stolen car and motorbike returned after theft but they weren’t mine and had to go to the insurance company that had paid me out for them. Mind you I wouldn’t have wanted either back, the state they were in!

thered

This post makes me happy

bruneep

My insurance co told me to “just keep it” when my stolen bike was returned over a year later. Parts were a bit shagged, i stripped it down and resold the useable parts on. I was probably about £500-600 better off. 😉

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Bike thieves 0, Me 1. ha, losers.’ is closed to new replies.