Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Bike thief caught by Manchester Police and CCTV
  • project
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qvp9PcJ_etE&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Nice work and i now know how to overcome a cheap chain lock with a bike seat pilar, and so do a lot more bike thieves.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Nice work and i now know how to overcome a cheap chain lock with a bike seat pilar, and so do a lot more bike thieves.

Anybody that wanted to know (i.e. bike thieves) already knew. For the rest of that don’t spend our days working out how to steal bikes it’s worth knowing that a cheap chain lock is so easily dealt with.

Glad they caught the fella.

shindiggy
    Free Member

We need more operations like this.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    kimbers

didnt drop his fag either, proper scally style

shermer75
    Free Member

Who runs up to the thief at the end? Are they plain clothes policemen?

shermer75
    Free Member

Nice to see bike theft getting taken seriously!

chrismanc
    Free Member

Epic! Noticed a few signs up on bike racks saying “bike thieves..we are watching you” around town today.

Police are also stopping bike riders on oxford road for what looks like being on pavement, jumping lights etc.

belugabob
    Free Member

Great stuff.

Am I the only one who thought that video was from gimp.police.uk?

willber
    Free Member

Just to be clear – Project, your not happy with the fact that a bike thief gets caught red handed and his arrest gets some publicity – probably to let people know these kinds of operations are being ran (including other thieves) – because it shows other bike thieves a well known method of stealing a bike?

Just goes to show you cant please everyone

xherbivorex
    Free Member

Police are also stopping bike riders on oxford road for what looks like being on pavement, jumping lights etc.

they’ve been doing that for a few weeks, and well done to them i say.

chrismanc
    Free Member

they’ve been doing that for a few weeks, and well done to them i say.

Are they handing out fines?

pingu66
    Free Member

Personally I would like to see more bike sting operations, whatever they are called as I would assume that stealing bikes is not their only misdemeanor.

However on the flip side there is the question of what happens to them.

A great deal of this is by people who have little to lose and jail is costly so a little community service and they are back out for their next target.

Scapegoat

shermer75 – Member
    Who runs up to the thief at the end? Are they plain clothes policemen?

The ponytail and handbag are a bit of a giveaway, but they have girl policemen nowadays as well.

brooess
    Free Member

Epic! Noticed a few signs up on bike racks saying “bike thieves..we are watching you” around town today.

[quote]

That was tested at Newcastle Uni campus and bike theft by the signs dropped 65%. Just the feeling of being watched is reckoned to have an impact, although the idea’s still going through further testing

xherbivorex
    Free Member

Are they handing out fines?

i’m not sure whether they’re just telling people off or not. i never ride down it myself but my gf walks from oxford road train station to MRI for work and she says that some mornings (and evenings) it’s ridiculous the number of cyclists on the pavement, or ignoring red lights and whatnot.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Bike thief caught by Manchester Police and CCTV’ is closed to new replies.