Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Bike theft in Edinburgh
  • marti
    Free Member

Hi. Had my shed broken into last night and all our mountain bikes stolen. I am just outside Edinburgh in roslin. A couple of other folk in the village had bikes stolen last night as well.
    I’ve lost a whyte t130 rs. A whyte steel 19. And a specialized stumpy fsr evo.
    Obviously I’m gutted. And thought I would post here so anyone in Midlothian knows to be a bit more vigilant.
    This is not the first time this year my sheds been done over. In February it was broken into but they couldn’t remove the bikes. But stole the forks. Rear shocks and front wheels. And my unlocked hack bike. Basically whatever they could undo and carry.
    This time they have managed to lift 3 bikes with hefty chain locks bolted to a concrete block and carry them away.
    Stinks of being the same crew. Last time my wheels turned up at penickuik police station.The forks were on sale via a Facebook page called Lothian bike parts. And I have seen a kid peddling my old kona through burdihouse.
    So the crooks seem to be local.
    Anyway. if you have a similar story share it in case it helps find the crooks.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I know somebody that had a Giant Trance stolen from their garage in Roslin. Not the first time they’ve been done over.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Roslin an easy target to follow back from Tweed valley maybe? Nasty stuff, see there were a couple of bikes stolen in Inners at the weekend too, one in broad daylight outside no.1 cafe.

Kuntz.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    BoardinBob

So the crooks seem to be local.

Isn’t a fairly well known bunch of scrotes from Penicuik that do the majority of thieving around that way and the tweed valley

marti
    Free Member

im certain this is a case of they robbed my stuff at the start of the year. And have come back again as they know we have bikes and will have replaced them.
    The time of the first break in I remember seeing two young lads walking along the street when unloading the car. Bike was in the back of an estate and I had a few stops and detours on the way back from thornlee that day. Unluckily I was followed home. More likely they pick a destination to scope out Saturday avo. Go robbing Sunday night.

Kahurangi

there were a couple of bikes stolen in Inners at the weekend too, one in broad daylight outside no.1 cafe.

I’m glad for my vigilance that I always put the bikes away and lock them up when stopping at the cafe 😥

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’m glad for my vigilance that I always put the bikes away and lock them up when stopping at the cafe

Ideally, I would too, but admit to having done this many times, stopping at a cafe or pub on a ride. Sad times.

xyeti
    Free Member

That’s not good mate I feel for you, I’ve seen owners return to their vehs in Hope having locked their bikes in the car to find the windows smashed, likewise on the back, one last year near 18 bikes and others removed from roof bars elsewhere.

About 5 years ago I removed my chain after a spate of thefts at Dalby. Much to everyones amusement. I did this because I’d seen someone do it before so thought rather than give myself indigestion at the cafe spot I’d try and solve a problem. 5 mins later some scrote jumped on an orange and he was off !

Anyway all this is anecdotal hollyhocks, you know already to keep an eye out locally so good luck. I’m sure something will turn up locally.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I didn’t know about the cafe but there was a bike stolen from outside I-Cycles at the weekend.

jimmy

A couple of “youths” were disturbed around 530am near us in Auchendinny last week. The polis reported they’d caught some people who they could pin a few house breakings on but doubt that’ll be the end of anything.

zinaru
    Free Member

marti – totally bummer – im not a million miles away.

had a mate that lives in bonnyrigg who had a fat bike and two full sussers nicked from his garage last year. eventually turning up via facebook in glasgow and he even managed to get back.

ill keep an eye out for your bikes.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I didn’t know about the cafe but there was a bike stolen from outside I-Cycles at the weekend.

Aye, both were on facebook at the weekend Steven.

dmck16
    Free Member

Anyone fancy setting some bait bikes?

A garage was broken into last week in Inners, looks like his Gumtree bike advert led them straight to his door..

wwpaddler
    Free Member

Loads of stolen bikes end up on “Lothian Bikes for sale or swap” Facebook group. Mates bike was nicked in Edinburgh and has been advertised multiple times since. Reported to the police every time but they do nothing as they’re not allowed to access Facebook apparently!!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Bike theft in Edinburgh’ is closed to new replies.