Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Bike theft Holmbury St Mary
  • mattg123
    Free Member

Heard tonight that a guy recently had a bike stolen from his roof rack outside the Royal oak in Holmbury St Mary, The scumbags are everywhere !!

not sure if it was from the carpark or from the road but I’ll be double checking the locks before “smelling the hops”

hora
    Free Member

Do people leave their bikes out of sight on their cars??!

Thieves often visit nice areas..in transit vans. The better stuff tends to be there!

loddrik
    Free Member

Holmbury St Mary is about as nice a place as I’ve ever been to (and worked), but I can’t believe that anyone would leave a nice bike unattended anywhere in these fair isles.

spacemonkey

Was there not a similar theft outside the very same pub a few months ago?

W#%^}s.

tonyg2003

Correct. Sadly not the first bike theft from the pubs in Holmbury St Mary or Peaslake. It looks so scenic but there are so many people out biking there that it’s a target for scum. Probably with a van to make a clean get away. I always use a very big chain if I’m leaving my bikes on the carrier.

hora
    Free Member

One of these can easily remove the feet of Thule bars from the top of the car very quickly. It wouldn’t leave a pretty sight but it would be very quick to lever-off..

Then once in the van and back at home I could easily remove any padlocks/chains.

Even at motorways services etc etc are bikes not safe left alone.

People regularly have their caravans lifted at services whilst they stop for a pee 😯

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

I’m not sure hora’s ever been to Holmbury StMary. I think such a thing would probably cause a tear in the fabric of space 😉

hora
    Free Member

Holmbury StMary

I once had a lift to hospital from a nice ambulance crew from there.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

My oops 😳

rewski
    Free Member

I was at some lights next to two blokes in a van, one wound down his window and said nice bikes, looking up at the two AM full sussers on top of the car, they then followed us from a distance for an hour or so until we lost them, maybe they were just seeing where we were riding, I think not though.

hora
    Free Member

Not a problem! In Hope (which is a lovely place) here in the Peaks I still feel uncomfortable leaving my bike on the car if I pop into the loo/cafe post-ride.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I went for pint in the Royal Oak last year after a day’s course and felt uncomfortable about leaving bike on the saris rack even though we were sitting outside, Shame that we feel like this. But I can’t see the point in chaining bikes to racks. The real thief will not be deterred, just more likely to do more damage to your car when forcing the bike off the rack. I even worry these days that my saris might disappear while I am out riding. 🙁

mattjg
    Free Member

Thx for the headsup, and are there another 122 ‘mattg’s around?

My crew ride, and imbibe, around that way a lot, we usually lock our bikes when they’re not in sight. If even with the lightest snowboard style cable lock, it helps we think.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Worth posting again… it takes 8 seconds to rip the bike off, theres somebody watching the entire time too…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Yu4vEsD9WA[/video]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Bike theft Holmbury St Mary’ is closed to new replies.