• This topic has 15 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Kato.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Bike @ the Boat Show
  • derekrides
    Free Member

Loads of deals there, definitely worth a trip, lots more stuff than last year and it was fair buzzing, made the boat show look very tame. Animal display, that bike polo looks way rad, got to try and get that going down our way, I missed the bit where they apparently do it on fixies, all the time I was there they used single speed free hubs with narrow bars. Interesting rules to, only like for like contact, bike body or stick thing, love it.

There’s 50% off loads of stuff, obviously last year close out stock, but Madisons had this massive hall with gloves and stuff half price, mets some bike pals and showed them how to work the Guiness stand, got wasted. (Its a boat show tradition)

Definitely worth a visit, double bonus for me Boats and Bikes, but this year the bike bit is well worth it.

STW are there, Whyte, Intense, Yeti, load of road stuff, Tranny, all the Madison stuff, IMB mag, doh it’s like trying to remember stuff on the conveyor this, loads of roadie crap if you’re that way inclined, lots of them laying face down on beds being interfered with professionally…

DT78
    Free Member

Ok – what exactly has 50% off? I maybe bothered to get on the train up there this weekend.

However I went last year and frankly the mountain bike selection and discounts were crap. Spending 30mins speaking to Superstar about their hubs and transition about their range were highlights.

derekrides
    Free Member

I noticed 50% off signs in the Madison hall, Kali Fullface and knee pads on the tranny stand, they didn’t appear to have anything off their bikes. There were various deals in the boat show I was looking for a dry suit tbh so not really in bike buying mode, but was surprised at that large a discount, couldn’t find dry suits with 50 off.
    It was just such a vibrant show with lots going on, defo worth a trip if you want something like accessories, probably recoup the ticket cost.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

knee pads on the tranny stand

😯

pease
    Free Member

good to hear.. im off there in the am

oldgit
    Free Member

I loved it, very roadie orientated though.
    Good to see Barry Hoban, Malcolm Elliot and Phil Bennett
    Liked Hopes CX discs
    Snowdonia cheese company….cheddar & whiskey non nomony nom nom

derekrides
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    knee pads on the tranny stand

Interested Mr H?

jedi

the best bike show i have been to in years. loved it oh and i need to learn how to drink guinness 🙂

theotherjonv

my wife got freebies through one of the exhibitors, and we’re considering going on sunday. Worth going and is there enough there to entertain the kids (6 and 8)?

Retrodirect
    Free Member

that bike polo looks way rad, got to try and get that going down our way, I missed the bit where they apparently do it on fixies, all the time I was there they used single speed free hubs with narrow bars. Interesting rules to, only like for like contact, bike body or stick thing, love it.

Bike polo IS way rad! People playing in all of the major cities around the UK and indeed Europe. Nae fixies in sight, If you look closer at the bikes you’ll spot that most folk are running dual brakes, two brakes through one lever. Interesting machines. Great game.

derekrides
    Free Member

Bike Polo should only be played on fixies, then it’ll be uber rad!

sas
    Free Member

Bike Polo should only be played on fixies, then it’ll be uber rad!

Keep up. Fixies have already been in and gone back out of fashion in bike polo.

jambalaya
    Free Member

As someone who’s been going to the London and Southampton Boat shows for 20 years I don’t get how the bike bit really fits, fact is Earls Court was way better for boat show and in this economy they don’t have enough exhibitors to take all the space with boats. If that means the bike part benefitted then that’s a good thing.

Jedi – by the way the Guiness stand is known by the yachties as “The Irish Embassy” and is always popular as its brought in from Ireland and isn’t the usual English brewed imposter

Kryton57

Excellent bike show. Some of the road bike deals got me quivering, but I enjoyed a 50% reduction on my new Oakleys. 🙂

Its a pity neither Schwalbe / Conti offered discounted tyres, there were plenty of people asking at the show around me if they were offering but they weren’t selling at all.

I’d have loved to see a suspension company displaying thier tech, and judging by this years success maybe we will do next year.

jedi

all guinness is brewed in ireland now

Kato

There was a cracking deal on a Colnago up there. £6999 down from £12500 😯

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Bike @ the Boat Show’ is closed to new replies.