Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Bike tech help needed (warning roadie content)
  • curto80
    Free Member

I have a rose xlite road bike with an integrated seat post clamp

The seat bolt screws into the housing on the opposite side. Last night I managed to shear the housing whilst tightening the bolt (I was using a torque wrench and well under recommended torque but that’s not important).

anyway, the bolt now just spins round uselessly (much like me on a bike actually). Anyone know how I’d go about fixing this?

legend
    Free Member

Well done getting rid of the Rainbow Magicland photo before anyone commented!

no idea what the housing looks like so standard options: new housing, drill larger hole and tap, install an insert (helicoil)

Haze

What was the torque?

If it’s shearing under 5Nm (guessing) I’d be sending it back.

curto80
    Free Member

Thanks for blowing my cover on that Legend 🙂 Was trying to link a photo of the clamp set up.

had torqued to 4nm. Had the bike three years so not sure how much sympathy I’ll get but I might call them.

curto80
    Free Member
    dovebiker

I would contact Rose – seat clamp failure isn’t an unknown problem

DezB
    Free Member

Araldite it back in

DezB
    Free Member

Hmm.. if it’s “integrated”, why do they sell them here – https://www.rosebikes.com/products/bike-parts/seat-posts/seat-clamps/

?

zerolight
    Free Member

Doesn’t look integrated, just looks a bit different. As Dez suggests, just order a replacement?

curto80
    Free Member

Baller! Thanks a lot Dez. It feels very affixed to the frame but maybe I just need to take another look/work out how it detaches. But that’s deffo the right part. Cheers all

zerolight
    Free Member

Looks like any other collar, but in a fancy shape. Interference fit over the seat tube. Looks like it pulls up.

legend
    Free Member

TBH, finding a local place to put in an insert would be an upgrade over replacing it

DezB
    Free Member

Cool 🙂

jonba
    Free Member

It isn’t integrated. I have one and mine comes off. Just gently pull it up. It will be a bit sticky. Like a normal seatclamp it is a snug fit and extends down a bit so is a bit stiffer.

I’d email rose, you’d not expect a seatclamp on a road bike to break in a few years. Maybe on a mtb where you move the seat more. But by the time it is sorted you might be as well just to order a new one to save time.

curto80
    Free Member

thanks Jonba and all for your help with this

ive ordered a new one (£27!!) so I can get back riding asap, but will argue with them later about reimbursing me.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Bike tech help needed (warning roadie content)’ is closed to new replies.