Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Bike storage in Sheffield
  • IvanMTB
    Free Member

Hi,

Friend of mine coming over to Sheff for some family bimbling around The Peaks.

He will be having 4 bikes with him and looks like hotel he is staying in doesn’t offer any bike storage.

So locals, do you know of any place/bike shop he can leave their bikes for the weekend?

Only thing that comes to my mind and I do not know that it is even the thing anymore, is some sort of bike storage on the Sheff railway station.

Any suggestion appreciated.

Cheers!
    I.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Choose a different hotel.

Thats not meant to sound as unhelpful as it does. There no way on earth I’d leave the family mtbs at a railway station unattended.

Or at a bike shop, or at an Internet random’s house.

malv173
    Free Member

Russell’s Bike Shed at the station?

Sheffield Station Cycle Hub

Cross Turner St, Sheffield City Centre, Sheffield S1 2BP
    0114 273 0539 https://g.co/kgs/iN6GQ2

Not used it, and I’m not 100% sure of limits or amount of space, but it’s worth giving them a shout.

malv173
    Free Member

I seem to remember that Bike Rehab used to do bike parking. They’d be worth asking too.

chevychase

What @Thegeneralist said, but avoiding that I’d be ringing the hotel to say “can I stick my bikes in the bedroom with me if I hose them down please?”

sharkattack

What days and how many nights etc? Coming and going or one drop off and collection?

IvanMTB
    Free Member

Russell’s Bike Shed at the station?

Yeah, that was the one I was talking about as on railway station.

Neither me I would not be leavening bikes on the actual station racks.

Not sure what was his priorities of hotel selection, but also sounds a bit odd for me, that they can’t offer any storage for bikes…

Cheers!
    I.

tuboflard

Guess it depends where the hotel is and where they plan to go riding. The station isn’t exactly on the doorstep to any pleasant riding spots. I’d speak to the hotel and see if they can do anything.

IvanMTB
    Free Member

Bike Rehab

Thanks! I’ll throw it as an option for him to check.

They will be driving to the destinations anyways, so whatever place they can store bikes will do probably.

That would be really like family bimbling. Around Upper Derwent/Howden and Monsal on day 2. So all very, very tame and bimbly…

Cheers!
    I.

sturmeyarcher

The Station Cycle Hub is a good shout. If it’s this coming weekend or the next, I can offer garage space in Walkley.

ads678

Friend of mine coming over

Your house?

IvanMTB
    Free Member

Your house?

SWMBO might beg to differ on such option I’m afraid 😀

garage space in Walkley.

Much appreciated sturmeyarcher!!! Will keep it as an ace in the sleeve.

Not sure when he is planning that though, need to ask probably.

Cheers!
    I.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Bike storage in Sheffield’ is closed to new replies.