Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Bike storage/bike ceiling hooks
  • dumbbot
    Free Member

Hi, So with new frame in the spare room it will hopefully be built soon. That means i need to find space for my hardtail or it needs to go, the garage is a reasonable size but there isn’t room for 2bikes on the floor(so much crap) ..so I was thinking of installing some storage hooks on the wooden beams in the garage like these.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ceiling-Mounted-Storage-Bracket-Ladders/dp/B074N2V2RF

Can i just hanging it up by the front wheel alone, or would this damage fork/headset bearings? These is no room for wall storage either it has to go …up. So any advice gratefully received ,.

vincienup
    Free Member

Hanging by front wheel alone will not damage bike, but I’m struggling to see how hanging by front wheel alone is taking less space than mounting vertically on a wall unless you have a ceiling high enough to be a church or similar…

Jordan

Cos you can hang em above the piles of crap that are already on the floor???

joshvegas
    Free Member

The problem with ganging them iver piles of crap is they’re a nightmare to put on and off.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Bike storage/bike ceiling hooks’ is closed to new replies.