• This topic has 17 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Pook.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Bike stolen sheffield
  • jameswilliams54
    Free Member

Shed has just been broken into whilst we where in the house around 19.30-20.00 tonight (in crooks S10 sheffield).
    They have grinded through a heavy duty security padlock and stole my transition scout.

Its a med size with magura MT5 brakes, chromag bars and some new DT swiss EX 511 (not pictured below) rims on hope pro 4’s
    Other none standard item is a fabric seat with blue detailing.
    Its also got invisi wrap on it which is clear to spot.

Not many of these about so easy to spot.

scc999

That sucks.

Have shared on FB – have a few friends in Sheff. Fingers crossed you get it back.

sharkattack

I’ll keep my eyes open. There’s an alarming amount of bikes going missing in Sheffield.

Tracey

Not good at all, feeling your pain. I will pass the details on to my daughter who is at Uni in Sheffield. It’s only three weeks ago that her boyfriends house was broken into in the Crookes area and three bikes stolen.

jameswilliams54
    Free Member

Its mental whilst I watching TV with the house lit up and Xmas tree on
    They broke through both a hasp and a mortice lock and also grinded through a gold standard pragmasis chain without anyone hearing anything
    I must of missed them by minutes as when I noticed the bin they had put by the back door to obscure the shed I ran out and found the cut chain still hot!!!

Digby

There’s an alarming amount of bikes going missing in Sheffield

FFS – They aren’t going missing – they are being stolen with alarming regularity: I would go as far to say that it’s pandemic. And the low life scum bags know that SYP don’t even attend anymore.

NW Sheffield especially S10 & S6 seems to be the target.

The ‘2nd hand market’ must be flooded with ‘bargain’ bikes at the moment …

Digby

also grinded through a gold standard pragmasis chain

I feel your pain James – I’ll message you privately later but interested to know which Pragmasis chain they cut through?

jameswilliams54
    Free Member

Send me an email Digby

Yep police not attending just “we will pass the bikes details onto the locals” and phone you back with a crime ref number

jedimaster
    Free Member

This just keeps getting worse.

Our two bikes and a frame (My custom 2013 stumpy https://stolen-bikes.co.uk/stolen-bikes/specialized-stumpjumper-fsr-evo-comp/, dj bike and banshee legend frame) got stolen from our basement in Crookes in August. Shortly after that there were multiple other thefts from people’s houses/garages in S10.

alpineharry
    Free Member

And there’s a recent post on Ride Sheffield about Airdrop bikes being broken in to and bikes nicked. I’m also in Sheffield for uni so will keep an eye out for anything dodgy! I won’t be ride much over the next 6 months due to injury but if I see anything I’ll stick a crutch through the wheel!

jameswilliams54
    Free Member

Yep I saw that also, a bunch of builds ready to go out to customers

Digby

A I posted on one of the [many] other Sheffield bike theft posts:

“Also – genuine question here – does the sharing of the stolen bikes on social media like Facebook actually do any good? or does it only advertise the theft and make it easy to trace the owners via their public profile? “

Does anyone have any anecdotal or personal experience of bikes being returned to their owners after the theft was shared on Social Media?

as far as I can see, the posts are met with a small amount of well meaning attention, but are largely ignored by the local cycling fraternity.

Digby

I guess the lack of responses speaks volumes …

Well done the Sheffield Mountain Bike Community … well done! – your apathy does you proud! 🙁

jamj1974

Bastards!

Pook

Reel yourself in Digby. I’ve contacted South Yorkshire police and will be speaking to local media later about it. Does social media help? Maybe not in locating the bike but as my Facebook timeline is simply becoming a lost bikes board it’s becoming clear that there’s an issue. Maybe some of us have been doing stuff proactively rather than chatting about it on forums.

And to be fair, if the response to your question is a ‘no’, what are you expecting people to say? All they’ll be able to do is remember their lost bikes and the vain efforts to get it back.

Chris
    Bike Theft Victim, 2004

andyl
    Free Member

Does anyone have any anecdotal or personal experience of bikes being returned to their owners after the theft was shared on Social Media?

Yup.

been quite a few and here is one example of why using the stolen bikes websites are a good idea: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-niner-on-gumtree-bit-hot

Digby

ok – thanks andyl that’s interesting and good to know there was a positive outcome.

Pook – I’ve pm’d you.

Pook

Replied

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Bike stolen sheffield’ is closed to new replies.